Nerdfighters

Debates, Intellectual Discourse, and Current Events (1,933)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

All whites are born racist?! Oh, how stupid people grind my gears.

Channel 4's "The Events: How Racist Of You" showed a social experiment where a teacher used power throughout a series of tasks as a means o…

Started by Lauren Collett

47 Nov 9, 2009
Reply by Kenny

The Berlin Wall!

Monday is the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin wall! I just felt like it was an appropriate event to bring up. It was a large par…

Started by Bri

19 Nov 8, 2009
Reply by sabelmouse

Why do we keep going?

So I've been thinking about the philosophies of Existentialism lately and, while many of you probably aren't very familiar with what that i…

Started by Easily Crazy Hat

5 Nov 7, 2009
Reply by Adam

We're doomed without a green religion Arguments about climate change show up the incoherence of any purely individual morality

The justification for burning heretics was perfectly simple: dissent threatened the survival of society. Nothing was worse than anarchy. Th…

Started by sabelmouse

0 Nov 6, 2009

We Don't Need Money: Davos Question

(My apologies for looking like a serial killer. This is my first video) It is the nature of money that promotes greed, not human nature, ju…

Started by sabelmouse

2 Nov 5, 2009
Reply by Neiloy Mukerjee

What's the environmental impact of mail delivery? Is there any difference in emissions between second and first class mail? And what about express delivery companies?

Does first class post use more energy? Is there any difference in using second and first class mail in terms of environmental impacts? Is…

Started by sabelmouse

0 Nov 5, 2009

Exposed: The Worldwide Efforts Of The Global Energy Lobby To Kill Progress On Climate Change

The Center For Public Integrity just released a blockbuster investigative report that details the intense corporate pressure to block an ef…

Started by sabelmouse

0 Nov 5, 2009

ECH's Continuous Debates: Censorship/DRM

As pointed out by Netavenger, this thread is confusing with so many topics, so I'm leaving this thread the way it is and I suppose I'll sta…

Started by Easily Crazy Hat

54 Nov 5, 2009
Reply by Easily Crazy Hat

Plastic: not so fantastic One Australian town has banned bottled water, but we could return to the glorious days of glass bottles – if we reused them

o David Spencer o guardian.co.uk, Thursday 5 November 2009 10.00 GMT o Article history If you go to a corner shop in Bundanoon, New South…

Started by sabelmouse

0 Nov 5, 2009

Disability PSAs suck

I'm Autistic and on TV they were running a PSA about kids with Autism I understand it was men to be a positive thing to spread awareness an…

Started by Charles

5 Nov 4, 2009
Reply by Charles

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service