Nerdfighters

Debates, Intellectual Discourse, and Current Events (1,974)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

To pee or not to pee

Staff at Wimpole Hall using their new Staff at Wimpole Hall using their new "pee bale" to aid composting. Phot…

Started by sabelmouse

6 Nov 14, 2009
Reply by Mr. Morozov

Are global warming and deforestation too scary for Sesame Street?

Scaring kids might not be the best approach, but we shouldn't avoid talking about 'scary' subjects with children altogether * Comments (27…

Started by sabelmouse

13 Nov 14, 2009
Reply by sabelmouse

Debate: Modern Pork Production and H1N1

Appearing on the Ellen Degeneres Show, the author Jonathan Safran Foer complained about factory farming and blamed it for the proliferat…

Started by sabelmouse

8 Nov 13, 2009
Reply by sabelmouse

Christianity and Communism

One of the thoughts that I have been considering on my considerable ride home from work recently is the relationship between Christianity a…

Started by Mike Bogue

76 Nov 13, 2009
Reply by Bryan Rosander, FL

The Movie Chevron Doesn't Want You to See

Para una version de esta nota en espanol: Crudo, La Pelicula que Chevron no quiere que usted vea Like most of his friends and neighbors in…

Started by sabelmouse

1 Nov 13, 2009
Reply by sabelmouse

Alcohol and pregnancy - conflict and confusion

Shouldn't pregnant women be afforded the right to exercise personal choice when deciding whether to drink alcohol? Have you ever felt the n…

Started by sabelmouse

20 Nov 12, 2009
Reply by MisterShadow

Should climate deniers be treated like war criminals? w/ James Hoggan

Started by sabelmouse

1 Nov 12, 2009
Reply by Bryan Scott

Anarchism?

So I've just finished reading V for Vendetta (which is quite amazing) and was wondering if it were actually possible for a society to succe…

Started by Jenna of the Muffins

118 Nov 11, 2009
Reply by The Observer

Veteran's Day

Any and all Military Nerdfighters out there, past, present and future: Happy Veteran's Day

Started by spiderboenz

0 Nov 11, 2009

Why stress is dangerous

I've been doing some reading lately about how the human brain works when it comes to emotions, and one of the most important things I've fo…

Started by Dean Leysen

3 Nov 10, 2009
Reply by JennaHemmena

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service