Nerdfighters

Forum Discussions (17,958)

Featured Discussions

Media Impact on Teens' Ideas for Their Futures

As a current High School student I know first hand how much kids are expected to plan their lives from a very early age. By 8th grade my ho…

Started by Meg W in Debates, Intellectual Discourse, and Current EventsLatest Reply

More Than This by Patrick Ness - February's Blurbing Book Club

So for February, I'd like to choose More Than This by Patrick Ness.   1. Read the book.  2. Come back to this forum and leave your thought…

Started by Michelle in Books & The Blurbing Book ClubLatest Reply

Striving towards a Gender-less Society?

As someone who is Agender Pansexual I have never understood the point of gender roles in our society. Its just something that I don't perso…

Started by Darby Tyler in Debates, Intellectual Discourse, and Current EventsLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave - Why doesn't the US have it?

Why doesn't the US have paid maternity and paternity leave as a legal entitlement? It almost seems like a no-brainer. Caring for a child i…

Started by Vertigo_One [Ops Mod] in Debates, Intellectual Discourse, and Current Events

16 20 hours ago
Reply by Latch33570

Sense8 - Has anyone watched this and what did you think?

I watched 4 episodes before I gave up. I might think about going into it more if I can be convinced, but to be honest, I don't see the appe…

Started by Vertigo_One [Ops Mod] in Debates, Intellectual Discourse, and Current Events

2 yesterday
Reply by Latch33570

An 11 year old 6th grade boy, was pinned to the ground by a police officer

Diagnosed as autistic, the sixth-grader was being scolded for misbehavior one day and kicked a trash can at Linkhorne Middle School in Lync…

Started by Tavy :) <3 in Debates, Intellectual Discourse, and Current Events

44 yesterday
Reply by Latch33570

First Fictional Crush?

I always think it's interesting when people find their "perfect match" at a young age when the person isn't even real. That's right! They'r…

Started by Bekah Smith in Books & The Blurbing Book Club

621 on Monday
Reply by Riley K. Kuhn

Compulsory voting

Let's talk about it What do you think, and why? For? Against? Some other system linked to it? Discuss! My personal preference - if you h…

22 on Monday
Reply by Garth

hey guys, I made a new group, feel free to join.

http://nerdfighters.ning.com/group/the-support-group

Started by Alexandra in Decreasing World Suck

0 on Sunday

What does the US do that more countries should do?

Its very easy to look at the US as an outlier in many ways, because it is. On things like capital punishment, healthcare, paternity/materni…

5 on Saturday
Reply by BP

What song are you listening to right now?

Just curious as to what other nerdfighters listen to. Please post the Song, Artist, and Album of whatever song is playing as you type.

Started by Chris McClure in Entertainment and Fun

3639 on Friday
Reply by Jessica

Most anticipated books for y'all

What' books are you guys excited about coming out soon

Started by John McKinney in Books & The Blurbing Book Club

2 on Thursday
Reply by Brooke Andolsen

What's one book that helped you become the person you are today? I need recommendations!

I think for me, it would be Catcher In The Rye by J.D.Sallinger. That book has an amazing way of showing signs of almost child-like i…

Started by Aslı Eren in Books & The Blurbing Book Club

23 on Thursday
Reply by Brooke Andolsen

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2015   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service