Nerdfighters

All Discussions Tagged 'gender' (16)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Gender Roles

How did gender roles originate, and how have they evolved in various societies? Perhaps more importantly, how do we fucking kill them?

Started by QuantumTuba

421 May 5
Reply by Quincy

Gender roles in advertising and their impact on society

After reading some Kilbourne, watching Killing us Softly and Jackson Katz's Tough Guise I'm convinced that they at least have a greater eff…

Started by Kat

15 Jan 28
Reply by BP

Non-Contact Sexual Abuse

Some nerdfighter friends and I made a video for Nerdfighteria to try to promote discussion of non-contact sexual abuse and other less well-…

Started by Natasha Belknap

1 Oct 14, 2013
Reply by Geeky

Should sexual activity be held to different standards between men and women?

Should it be socially acceptable for men to be sexually promiscuous while it's not socially acceptable for women to be sexual promiscuous?…

Started by Rebecca Lissette

24 Apr 30, 2013
Reply by Kara Parker

I need HELP finding a short film!!

A couple years ago I was surfing the youtubes (as usual) and I can’t remember how I got to it, but I found a short film. And I loved it! Bu…

Started by Isabelle Brasil

0 Feb 11, 2013

Guys are players but girls are sluts?

Why is it that a guy who sleeps around is a player who gets attention and praise from his friends, but a girl who has sex with a lot of guy…

Started by Kayy Dee

15 Aug 28, 2011
Reply by Qymana Botts

Why Do You Suppose Most Nerdfighters Are Lady-Identified?

It really hit me watching one of John's Happy Birthday composite videos today.  I spend a lot of my time in environments that are really re…

Started by Coriande

3 Aug 16, 2011
Reply by Tara Molineux

Raising A Genderless Kid

While not participating in a rat dissection for my biology class, I overheard a discussion about parents who are trying to raise their chil…

Started by Margot Lee Friedelman

36 Jun 21, 2011
Reply by Rockccoli

The Sting of Ethnocentrism

Hey nerdfighters, I've a got story for you.So, I live in New Brunswick, Canada, and to be honest, the people here are (generally) very cons…

Started by Jenna Knorr

21 Oct 18, 2010
Reply by Robin

Social Sexism

Topic is in the title people. How has the United States's SOCIAL system (not legal) affected our society's views on sexism and gender roles…

Started by Charles Nathan Whitaker

1 May 18, 2010
Reply by Zirror

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service