Nerdfighters

All Discussions Tagged 'language' (31)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Why do some people spell color colour, and vice versa?

Hello Nerdfighters. I understand that the British and the Australians (name drop, here) spell it colour and the Americans spell it color.…

Started by Cavaclade of Fear

3 May 9
Reply by Joseph Walley

particular verbiage

while this will, no doubt, resonate differently for some of us than others, what do you think of refering to surfing the web/blogging/vlogg…

Started by Danno

0 Mar 13

Tattoo Translation help

Hey all! I looked up a bunch of words for a tattoo online, and I've got some words that I like, but I really want to verify that they mean…

Started by Karin Allen

7 Nov 14, 2013
Reply by jonnie funtimes

Anybody know/learning a foreign language?

I am extremely frustrated from three years of barely learning anything in my Spanish class.  I've had to study intensely on my own, but I a…

Started by Mahira Ganster

8 Jun 4, 2013
Reply by Mardi-Eve

Halfway through French I - Still haven't learned anything

I'm halfway through my online French I class and have learned some vocabulary but still have very poor French.  I don't think I could survi…

Started by Suvilove

6 Jan 14, 2013
Reply by Tom Stipson

Clarification needed.

Hello Nerdfighters, this is my very first post on this forum (and hopefully not my last) and I'm not sure if this post is going to be very…

Started by Moritz Falk

6 Jul 28, 2012
Reply by Puddlewhite

Do you think that the acquisition of language is genetics?

For example it's easier for a british to learn english as compared to an asian disregarding environmental conditions

Started by jeancrowley

11 Jul 27, 2012
Reply by spiderboenz

Fire is the word: destruction/ devistation/ disturbance/ ecological need

(Hello all just a friendly warning before you read I am dyslexic so be patient with me) Part of my thesis with the Shultz fire is focusing…

Started by Susanne Ranseen

3 Jul 13, 2012
Reply by David Ranseen

If you could make your own language, describe how would it be like!

Be creative! 

Started by jeancrowley

10 Jun 8, 2012
Reply by Hutch Hogan

CD's investigations for the Cultural learnings for the benefit of the great Nerdistan

I am CD and I come to your great country,  Nerdfighteria and I uhh learn about your country for the cultural learnings of my benefit of the…

Started by CD

3 May 16, 2012
Reply by CD

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service