Nerdfighters

All Discussions Tagged 'philosophy' (28)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Who’s your favorite Enlightenment Philosopher?

My favorite enlightenment philosopher would probably be Voltaire. He was a person who stood up for what he believed in. All while the c…

Started by Katelyn Rose Brady

52 May 30
Reply by Zachary Packard

Critique My Philosophy of Life?

Over the past few years, I have formulated my philosophy of life, a 13-page document that may be found at either of the following links:htt…

Started by Philo Sofer

0 Mar 6

John's pseudo-philosophy?

Hm I don't know quite what I'm seeking by creating this discussion. Well anyway, so recently I heard some non-fans of John saying that a lo…

Started by Neomi Lewis

3 Sep 17, 2013
Reply by Katelyn Rose Brady

Can we hold unicorns responsible for Voldemort's crimes?

I apologize for the seemingly stupid discussion title, I promise I have a real point of discussion. John Green famously distrusts and even…

Started by Ryan Gatts

15 Jul 3, 2013
Reply by Joseph Fergus Curran

Analysis of the Unspoken Change to the Fundamental Video Blog Structure

I know a lot of nerdfighters are concerned with how John and Hank's videos have kind of changed lately. By lately, I mean in most of 2009,…

Started by Arka

18 Mar 17, 2013
Reply by Huff Ashley

Truth

Quick question:  who here believes that there is fixed, unchangeable truth?

Started by Michael Kirk

71 Jan 21, 2013
Reply by Jessica E.

The Trolley Problem

Here's the problem: A trolley is running out of control down a track. In its path are 5 people who have been tied to the track by the mad…

Started by Leanne

80 Dec 2, 2012
Reply by Shel Healy

Does constantly questioning the meaning of life actually prevent you from living life?

Hey Nerdfighters, This is my first post here, so please excuse me if I put my foot in my mouth somehow.  I've been thinking a lot recently…

Started by Tyler S

7 Oct 7, 2012
Reply by Scotto

Metrics, Analyses, and Being Human

A common argument against progressive tax is the Laffer Curve. Mean Value Therom, calculus, you probably don't care. But one of the issues…

Started by Ari K.

1 Jul 10, 2012
Reply by Hutch Hogan

What are you looking for?

You may answer it in anyway you want, what exactly are you looking for? Everyone views this question differently and the point of this is t…

Started by jeancrowley

34 May 18, 2012
Reply by CD

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service