Nerdfighters

All Discussions Tagged 'racism' (16)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Soft Fascism?

Here's a question I've been mulling over for some time. Do you think Fascism could be remodeled in such a way as to make it palatable enoug…

Started by Ethan Lewis

4 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Tamhas ~ Admin ~

Books that open your mind

So, my parents are not really the open-minded types. They are white, rich, has very strong opinions on religion and politics. And they look…

Started by Li

11 Jul 31, 2013
Reply by Scout

The U.S. Supreme Court strikes part of the Voting Rights Act of 1965

On Tuesday, the Supreme Court voted 5-4 to strike Section 4(b) of the Voting Rights Act of 1965. In November of 2012, the Supreme Court de…

Started by Andrew Clark

7 Jun 27, 2013
Reply by Rylie Potter

Is Reverse Racism More Common Now Days Compared To Actual Racism?

I realize that racism is definitely not dead, may it be between whites and blacks, black and hispanics, blacks to white, whatever combinati…

Started by Rebecca Lissette

44 Apr 24, 2013
Reply by Latch33570

Babi panggang, nasi goreng and racism.

You might be wondering what the deal is about the title. Well, I'll get there in a second. I experience racism practically on a daily basis…

Started by Lilium

11 Oct 18, 2012
Reply by Lilium

Cultural Appropriation

Lately, I've become aware of what is called cultural appropriation, which is where one culture takes "cool" aspects from another culture an…

Started by Captain Jacqui Sparrow

52 Oct 2, 2011
Reply by Latch33570

are all whites racists?

ok, i don't want to offend anybody, i just read this in an atricle, and i'm interested in opinions. a journal of my univeritsy published a…

Started by etti

149 Oct 24, 2010
Reply by Christopher J. Cater

Need Books on Racism

Hello Everyone,I'm currently on my path to becoming a teacher.  In one of my classes we're exploring children's literature.  One of the the…

Started by Magoonski

25 Oct 24, 2010
Reply by Ray Nerd

Prejudice in America

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable R…

Started by Connor Lawson

4 Sep 28, 2010
Reply by Captain Jacqui Sparrow

Are some beliefs stupid?

People usually say that everyone's entitled to their own beliefs, that an opinion can't be right or wrong, etc. But then you have some peop…

Started by Captain Jacqui Sparrow

47 Sep 5, 2010
Reply by Randy James Patterson

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service