Nerdfighters

All Discussions Tagged 'teaching' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Decreasing World Suck - Teaching Peace in Schools

So, some of my friends created this awesome group whose main goal in its existence is to teach kids in schools about the peacemakers and ge…

Started by Sophia Jones

11 Jan 16, 2013
Reply by Fish Stark

Teaching English to kids in India

Hey there nerdfighteria! I come with a request for some collective brainstorming. Two summers ago my aunt brought me to the government sc…

Started by PD

1 Jun 19, 2012
Reply by Marian Dreaver

Teaching TFiOS ... ideas?

OK, so I read TFiOS and fell in love with the book ... just as I did when I first read "Looking for Alaska."  But, this time I decided to…

Started by Dan Geraghty

16 Jun 6, 2012
Reply by Danno

Vlogging for Knowledge!

I'm making this thread in the hopes that people will post videos they made in order to teach us something. To start us off, here's a video…

Started by William Wallace

2 Jan 6, 2012
Reply by William Wallace

Little Facts Of Kindness

To help end world suck as one of my new years resolution, I've decided to try and teach little random facts (that have subtle meaning) to r…

Started by Casi Mendoza

0 Jan 3, 2011

Need Books on Racism

Hello Everyone,I'm currently on my path to becoming a teacher.  In one of my classes we're exploring children's literature.  One of the the…

Started by Magoonski

25 Oct 24, 2010
Reply by Ray Nerd

Book recommendations

Hey there fellow nerdfighters.I am currently training to be a primary school (elementary school for all you American's out there) teacher.I…

Started by Kate

2 Aug 6, 2010
Reply by Kate

Using "Paper Towns" in the classroom

I'm going college for secondary education, and right now I making a two week unit plan for a hypothetical unit class (scary! I've never don…

Started by Erin

3 Apr 7, 2010
Reply by Erin

Santa Claus

Ok, so a bit of a discourse has started on the most recent vlogbrothers video "Fatherhood" on the subject of Santa Claus, the tradition of…

Started by Marmaduke The Belittler

0 Jan 19, 2010

Volunteering Abroad

I know most, if not all of us, are very into active volunteering. I myself have an extreme interest in all sorts of work, but lately I've b…

Started by Ally O

1 Aug 5, 2009
Reply by Kyrie

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service