Nerdfighters

All Discussions Tagged 'words' (49)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

favorite word?

I love words, especially big ones, or ones with Latin roots so I don't feel like I wasted time taking Latin. So, I want to know what your f…

Started by CatieCat

12 on Wednesday
Reply by Daniel Fletcher

TEACH ME TO BE PRETENTIOUS

teach me to be pretentious ~ well...not quite. what i really mean is teach me to be cultured :) i want somebody to teach me about fine art,…

Started by Emily Kate

5 Jul 7
Reply by Eleanor Catherine

Using inclusive words and words we don't even think about!

I recently watched Laci Green's video on using the term partner* opposed to specifying whether you have a boyfriend/girlfriend that way tho…

Started by Hannah Twinn

20 Jun 28, 2013
Reply by Eric J Bryant

The Unrelated Game

So this is the game where I say one word, and then you have to say another word that has absolutely nothing to do with the word I posted, a…

Started by Vanille (Captain, please)

5 Feb 9, 2013
Reply by NeonTooth

Last Words

I've recently read Looking For Alaska, and I guess it's got me thinking. Last words, any thoughts? Favourites, what you'd like yours to be?…

Started by Jenny

51 Sep 7, 2012
Reply by Natalia Marmolejo López

I could do with a hand?

There was a writing prompt (somewhere) about writing a random diary entry for a character that you don't know - and the rambling below happ…

Started by Sophie Tegan Morgan

2 Sep 2, 2012
Reply by Sophie Tegan Morgan

Clarification needed.

Hello Nerdfighters, this is my very first post on this forum (and hopefully not my last) and I'm not sure if this post is going to be very…

Started by Moritz Falk

6 Jul 28, 2012
Reply by Puddlewhite

Contests.

We all like contests. Do you happen to have an idea for one?

Started by Madi

91 May 14, 2012
Reply by CD

Expressions of exclamation (now with added swearing)

I need some words or phrases which can be used in negative exclamation, such as 'bollocks!' and 'drat!' You get the idea. So far I have:…

Started by Adam J. M. Eagleton

212 Dec 30, 2011
Reply by Kellie Hamren

I know it's NaNoWriMo, but . . .

I realize that it's NaNoWriMo and everything, and I should be working on some projec like all the other made of awesome people out there, b…

Started by Jon

0 Nov 16, 2011

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service