Nerdfighters

The rules are the same as last year! (click here for more details)

You have a year to read 100 books. Add replies with what you have read and possibly a little description to tell your fellow Nerdfighters a little bit about them. 

Good luck and get reading!

Tags: 2012, books, challenge

Views: 3840

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

25. "On the Road" by Jack Kerouac (Really excellent. Probably I'll try to read it again years from now, and I'll hate it, but for now, as a teenager wanting to get 'on the road' myself, I love it.)

26. "Doctor Zhivago" by Boris Pasternak (This one, on the other hand, I will read again years from now and think it is just as wonderful as I think it is now. Everyone should read this book because it is brilliant in every possible way. Seriously.)

...I'm going really slowly. I blame school. As soon as summer vacation comes, I'll have to up my pace!

90. Hollow Pike by James Dawson - really wonderful YA book involving witches

91. Dying to Know You by Aidan Chambers - Really lovely book

92. Million Dollar Mates by Cathy Hopkins - sweet book for younger teens

93. The Prince Who Walked With Lions by Elizabeth Laird - historical fiction about an Abyssinian prince who comes to England

94. A Swift Pure Cry by Siobhan Dowd - How have I gone so long in life without reading a book by Siobhan Dowd?!

95. Unrest by Michelle Harrison - Loved the creepiness of this one

96. The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa - I will read anything by this woman. Anything. Even a vampire book.

97. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry - Cried my eyes out. One of my favourite reads of this year.

98. Bitter End by Jennifer Brown - Sad story about domestic violence in a teen relationship

Good God... You only have two to go. How? What kind of super human are you? 

..I love to read :)

Same... But wow, that's impressive, haha =) 

i'm coming into this so late  ;___;

anyway, thus far i have read:

1. The Fault In Our Stars
2. collection of poems [can't remember the name of the collection] of Pablo Neruda
3. collection of poems [once again, can't remember the name] of ee cummings
4. As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner [never again, i tell you, never again.]
5. Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf
6. The Art of Racing In The Rain by Garth Stein [omfg can everyone just read this book, it's so under appreciated and it deserves so many more readers. it's fabulous, full of extended metaphor, and beautifully written]
7.  One Day by David Nicholls [i'm about halfway through this book, but i'm a fast reader and it will be finished by tomorrow so i decided to include it.  it's taking forever to finish, and i'm not enjoying it, but i promised myself that i'd give it until the end to really form an opinion.  it's just very hard to enjoy something that you aren't enjoying] [eloquent, wasn't that?]

anyway, i have a huge reading list for this summer and a lot of time, so hopefully i'll be able to make the 100 book mart by the end of this year [and hopefully surpass 100]

14. Sybil by Flora Rheeta Schreiber.

I absolutely loved this book, Sybil, th main character, suffers from MPD, aka multiple personality disorder. She has 16 personalities, and this book is the story of her treatment.

I'm so in! So is this just starting now, or can we count the books we have already read this year?

99. Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent - awesome book in a wonderful series!

100. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes - a friend recommended this to me and I really liked it even though I don't generally read adult fiction.

101. I've Got Your Number by Sophia Kinsella - I followed it with another adult fiction book though, so you really can't trust me when I say I don't normally read adult fiction, can you? :)

102. Real Live Boyfriends by E Lockhart - Oh god, I loved this book. And Ruby Oliver. and E Lockhart. Sad the series has finished but it was so good.

I promise, I won't include numbers on my lists anymore. I don't want anyone else to feel bad or anything!

saw this REALLY REALLY late, recently became a nerdfighter. but, imma start anyways

heres what i can think of that i have read so far this year:

the fault in our stars 

looking for alaska

before I fall

divergent

insurgent

the giver

sleeping freshmen never lie

legend

the maze runner

the scorch trials

hunger games

catching fire

mockingjay

currently reading jane eyre

15. 9th Judgment by James Patterson

Only just became a Nerdfighter and found this thread! But I'm gonna do it anyway! And heck, I'll make my goal 200 seeing as I've already read a stack of books and wanna see if I can do it lol 

Since late April (when I started counting) I've read: 

1. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
  2. Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
  3. The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
  4. World War Z by Max Brooks – best zombie book. Ever.
  5. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins – We all know and love this series 5/5
  6. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
  7. Mocking Jay by Suzanne Collins
  8. Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon
  9. 1984 by George Orwell
  10. Uglies by Scott Westerfield
  11. Pretties by Scott Westerfield
  12. Specials by Scott Westerfield
  13. Extras by Scott Westerfield
  14. Matched by Ally Condie
  15. Crossed by Ally Condie
  16. Fever (The Chemical Garden #2) by Lauren DeStefano
  17. Delirium (Delirium #1) by Lauren Oliver
  18. Pandemonium (Delirium #2) by Lauren Oliver
  19. Birthmarked (Birthmarked # 1) by Caragh M. O’Brian
  20. Prized (Birthmarked # 2) by Caragh M. O’Brian
  21. Angelfall by Susan Ee – SUCH an amazing book. So quotable. 5/5
  22. Divergent (Divergent #1) by Veronica Roth
  23. Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth – cannot wait for book 3 release! This blew my mind in so many ways even if I did want to kick Tris by the end of it lol
  24. Unwind (Unwind #1) by Neal Shusterman
  25. Scored by Lauren McLaughlin
  26. Article 5 (Article 5, #1) by Kristen Simmons
  27. Starters (starters #1) by Lissa Price
  28. Partials (Partials #1) by Dan Wells
  29. Oppression (Children of the Gods #1) by Jessica Therrien
  30. Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #1) by Jessica Spotswood
  31. Across the Universe (Across the Universe #1) by Beth Revis
  32. A Million Suns (Across the Universe #2) by Beth Revis
  33. City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments # 1) by Cassandra Clare
  34. City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments # 2) by Cassandra Clare
  35. City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments # 3)  by Cassandra Clare
  36. City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments # 4) by Cassandra Clare
  37. City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments # 5) by Cassandra Clare
  38. Die for Me (Revenants #1) by Amy Plum – 1/5 stars. Seriously this book was so bad, but if you insist on reading it the second book in the series is quite a bit better but still... if you can avoid it. Do so. Ick.
  39. The Selection by Kiera Cass
  40. Until I Die (Revenants # 2)  by Amy Plum
  41. The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
  42. The Annihilation of Foreverland by Tony Bertauski – literally anything this man writes is amazing. 5/5 stars. It’s a must read dystopian sci-fi book.
  43. Eden by Keary Taylor – Robots and Cyberneticawesomness all bundled up in dystopian love triangle fiction. Brilliant
  44. The Hunt (The Hunt #1) by Andrew Fukada – AMAZING. The take on vamps was very very weird, but ultimately it was a fantastic read.
  45. ExtraNormal by Suze Reece – yeah…not sure if I’ll be reading the follow ups for this one but it was a decent read
  46. The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa – very different to her normal thing but amazing just the same.
  47. Bumped (Bumped #1) by Megan McCafferty
  48. Thumped (Bumped #2) by Megan McCafferty
  49. Empty by Suzanne Weyn
  50. Forgotten by Cat Patrick
  51. Hollowland by Amanda Hocking – ALMOST better than World War Z
  52. Hollowmen by Amanda Hocking
  53. The Discovery of Socket Greeny by Tony Bertauski (still the best and on the rise!)
  54. Taken by Tony Talbot
  55. The TRAINING OF SOCKET GREENY By Tony Bertauski    
  56. THE LEGEND OF SOCKET GREENY by Tony Bertauski
  57. The Fault in Our Stars BY John green
  58. The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa
  59. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
  60. Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
  61. Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
  62. Winter’s passage by Julie Kagawa
  63. Summers Crossing by Julie Kagawa
  64. XVI by Julia Karr
  65. Anna Dressed in Blood By Kendare Blake
  66. LJ Smith – The vamp diaries the awakening
  67. LJ Smith – The struggle
  68. LJ Smith – The Fury
  69. LJ Smith – Dark REUNION
  70. Human .04 by Mike a Lancaster
  71. Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lyn Barnes
  72. Trial by Fire by Jennifer Lyn Barnes
  73. The Storm by Jennifer Lyn Barnes
  74. 101 by Margaret Chatwin

Up next I'm thinking maybe Underneath by Michael Carrigil or Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick coz I'm a sucker for Zombie books.

Just outta curiosity - what have people been thinking of the Divergent series by Veronica Roth?

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service