The rules are the same as last year! (click here for more details)
You have a year to read 100 books. Add replies with what you have read and possibly a little description to tell your fellow Nerdfighters a little bit about them.
Good luck and get reading!
Replies are closed for this discussion.
25. "On the Road" by Jack Kerouac (Really excellent. Probably I'll try to read it again years from now, and I'll hate it, but for now, as a teenager wanting to get 'on the road' myself, I love it.)
26. "Doctor Zhivago" by Boris Pasternak (This one, on the other hand, I will read again years from now and think it is just as wonderful as I think it is now. Everyone should read this book because it is brilliant in every possible way. Seriously.)
...I'm going really slowly. I blame school. As soon as summer vacation comes, I'll have to up my pace!
90. Hollow Pike by James Dawson - really wonderful YA book involving witches
91. Dying to Know You by Aidan Chambers - Really lovely book
92. Million Dollar Mates by Cathy Hopkins - sweet book for younger teens
93. The Prince Who Walked With Lions by Elizabeth Laird - historical fiction about an Abyssinian prince who comes to England
94. A Swift Pure Cry by Siobhan Dowd - How have I gone so long in life without reading a book by Siobhan Dowd?!
95. Unrest by Michelle Harrison - Loved the creepiness of this one
96. The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa - I will read anything by this woman. Anything. Even a vampire book.
97. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry - Cried my eyes out. One of my favourite reads of this year.
98. Bitter End by Jennifer Brown - Sad story about domestic violence in a teen relationship
Good God... You only have two to go. How? What kind of super human are you?
Same... But wow, that's impressive, haha =)
i'm coming into this so late ;___;
anyway, thus far i have read:
1. The Fault In Our Stars
2. collection of poems [can't remember the name of the collection] of Pablo Neruda
3. collection of poems [once again, can't remember the name] of ee cummings
4. As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner [never again, i tell you, never again.]
5. Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf
6. The Art of Racing In The Rain by Garth Stein [omfg can everyone just read this book, it's so under appreciated and it deserves so many more readers. it's fabulous, full of extended metaphor, and beautifully written]
7. One Day by David Nicholls [i'm about halfway through this book, but i'm a fast reader and it will be finished by tomorrow so i decided to include it. it's taking forever to finish, and i'm not enjoying it, but i promised myself that i'd give it until the end to really form an opinion. it's just very hard to enjoy something that you aren't enjoying] [eloquent, wasn't that?]
anyway, i have a huge reading list for this summer and a lot of time, so hopefully i'll be able to make the 100 book mart by the end of this year [and hopefully surpass 100]
14. Sybil by Flora Rheeta Schreiber.
I absolutely loved this book, Sybil, th main character, suffers from MPD, aka multiple personality disorder. She has 16 personalities, and this book is the story of her treatment.
I'm so in! So is this just starting now, or can we count the books we have already read this year?
99. Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent - awesome book in a wonderful series!
100. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes - a friend recommended this to me and I really liked it even though I don't generally read adult fiction.
101. I've Got Your Number by Sophia Kinsella - I followed it with another adult fiction book though, so you really can't trust me when I say I don't normally read adult fiction, can you? :)
102. Real Live Boyfriends by E Lockhart - Oh god, I loved this book. And Ruby Oliver. and E Lockhart. Sad the series has finished but it was so good.
I promise, I won't include numbers on my lists anymore. I don't want anyone else to feel bad or anything!
saw this REALLY REALLY late, recently became a nerdfighter. but, imma start anyways
heres what i can think of that i have read so far this year:
the fault in our stars
looking for alaska
before I fall
sleeping freshmen never lie
the maze runner
the scorch trials
currently reading jane eyre
15. 9th Judgment by James Patterson
Only just became a Nerdfighter and found this thread! But I'm gonna do it anyway! And heck, I'll make my goal 200 seeing as I've already read a stack of books and wanna see if I can do it lol
Since late April (when I started counting) I've read:
Up next I'm thinking maybe Underneath by Michael Carrigil or Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick coz I'm a sucker for Zombie books.
Just outta curiosity - what have people been thinking of the Divergent series by Veronica Roth?