15. 9th Judgment by James Patterson
Only just became a Nerdfighter and found this thread! But I'm gonna do it anyway! And heck, I'll make my goal 200 seeing as I've already read a stack of books and wanna see if I can do it lol
Since late April (when I started counting) I've read:
Up next I'm thinking maybe Underneath by Michael Carrigil or Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick coz I'm a sucker for Zombie books.
Just outta curiosity - what have people been thinking of the Divergent series by Veronica Roth?
I'm in, but I'm a little late to the party so I'm a little behind.
1. Alone in the Classroom - a great Canadian read for teachers
2. Lady of the Rivers - loved it!
3. The Scottish Prisoners - Spin off of the outlander series, so if you haven't read that, this won't make much sense
4. Cleopatra - non-fiction that reads like fiction
5. Alice in Wonderland/Through the looking glass
6. The help - I don't watch movies until I've read the book, lol.
7. Storm Swords - awesome!
8. A Feas of Crows - AWESOME!
9. A Dance with Dragons - AWESOME!!
10. Three muskateers - drags in the middle
11. The Count of Monte Crisco - long but awesome
12. Perfect Match - interesting, but follows her general formula
13. A stolen Life, Jaycee Dugard - WOW, she's an amazing writer with an amazing story
14. The Song of Achilles - a new take on the story of achilles, worth the read
15. Nineteen Minutes - pretty good
16. When God was a rabbit - I liked it but I spent a lot of time wondering how things were connected
17. Sickened - not very well written but an interesting story of child abuse
18. A dog's purpose - BUY THIS RIGHT NOW!
19. Stop what you're doing and read this! - academic
20. Stolen Innocence - well written, story of child abuse
21. The midwife of Venice
22. The Winter Palace - historically interesting, if not completely correct
23. Elizabeth the Queen - Loved it, but I love the royals
I've got to get reading, good thing I'm a teacher and dont' have to work for the next 2 months, lol.
Okay, Books I have read since starting this challenge.
The Fault in Our Stars - John Green I'm not a person who cries a lot. But John's books always seem to be just the thing to cause me to burst into tears.
Looking For Alaska - John Green It seemed unfair to me, that a book should make me cry and then later laugh. Making a muddle of my emotions and thoughts. I was so emotional I had to call my best friend and make him promise not to die... repeatedly.
The Warded Man - Peter V. Brett I love fantasy and this book reminded me why with characters who were relatable despite living in a world both magical and horrific.
The Desert Spear - Peter V. Brett The second book in the series and one I felt conflicted about reading. It provided necessary insight and despite my intense dislike for the protagonist for the first half of the book I finished it in a few hours.
Just those four right now, since I'm not counting books I read before I started the challenge. Only 96 more to go!
Is it too late to join in? :P
Course not! :D at least I don't think it is.. :)
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson - Holy shit, this book made me cry.
Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally - Cute story of a girl quarterback.
Revived by Cat Patrick - Interesting story of a girl who has died several times and is brought back to life.
But not in a zombie way.
Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler - Utterly SWEET and sad story of a teen relationship.
Devilish by Maureen Johnson - Somewhat strange book about selling your soul in high school.
I'm terrible about finishing books...not to mention the fact that I'm a slow reader so my goal is 12 books in 2012
What's Up With Jody Barton by Hayley Long - Really wonderful story with a surprising twist!
Emma Hearts LA by Keris Stainton - Really adorable contemporary YA
Taken by Storm by Angela Morrison - A book that I was curious about..
The Selection by Kiera Cass - dystopian YA billed as The Hunger Games meets The Bachelor. Was OK, fun and fluffy but had a few problems with it.
16. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
One of my favorite books!
1. The Fault in Our Stars
3. A Land So Strange: The Epic Journey of Cabeza de Vaca
4. Looking For Alaska
5. Fancy White Trash
6. The Huron-Wendat Feast of the Dead
7. Zombie Tag
8. Princess Diaries
9. Gone Gone Gone
10. Born to Run
11. The Happiness Project
12. Just Listen
14. Paper Towns
15. The Great Gatsby
16. Perks of Being A Wallflower
17. Fahrenheit 451 By Ray Bradbury
I really liked this one, I could even understand the symbolism! I usually cannot be counted on for that.