Nerdfighters

The rules are the same as last year! (click here for more details)

You have a year to read 100 books. Add replies with what you have read and possibly a little description to tell your fellow Nerdfighters a little bit about them. 

Good luck and get reading!

Tags: 2012, books, challenge

Views: 3817

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I'm totally in! So far I've read The Fault in Our Stars and Night by Elie Wiesel. Two down, ninety-eight to go! 

I'm in! Better late than never I guess.

I just finished reading the Death Cure by James Daschner, the last of a trilogy. i recomend reading all three!

I shall try to be better about updating my list:

30. Bunheads by Sophie Flack - Fun contemp YA about ballet

31. Heart-Shaped Bruise by Tanya Byrne - Loved this one! Not published in the UK until May, I believe, but well worth looking out for soon!

32. Saving June by Hannah Harrington - read this as an e-book. The grief felt believable, but I wanted to know more about June.

33. Supergirl Mixtapes by Meagan Brothers - Bit strange. Didn't quite work for me.

34. If I Tell by Janet Gurtler - Really interesting story of a girl torn over whether or not to tell her mother that her boyfriend has cheated on her.

35. The Sky Always Hears Me by Kristin Cronn-Mills - Fab story about a girl living in a small town trying to work out what she wants and how she feels.

36. The Next Door Boys by Jolene B. Perry - Downloaded this from netgalley without realising it's an LDS story.

37. Born Confused by Tanuja Desai Hidier - I love this book and reread it fairly regularly.

38. Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter - I loved this one. I know not everybody well, but I thought it was great entertainment.

39. New Girl by Paige Harbison - Fab modern retellling of Rebecca.

40. Summer of My German Soldier by Bette Greene - I read this book when I was a lot younger and it was fascinating reading this book so many years later with a different perspective.

41. The Key to the Golden Firebird by Maureen Johnson - I'm a big MJ fan, but this is one lacked emotion.

42. The Missing by Lisa McMann - Slightly creepy but over a little too quickly.

43. You Are Here by Jennifer E. Smith - Didn't like this one at all. Slow and didn't care about the characters. Shame.

44. Struck by Jennifer Bosworth - Exciting and addictive reading.

45. Unravelling by Elizabeth Norris - One of my favourite reads in 2012! SO, SO good.

46. Seraphina by Rachel Hartman - Loved this one as well! Not published in the UK until July, but I can't wait to talk about it with more people.

47. Fateful by Claudia Gray - Really interesting first half ... the second half needed to be more dramatic/emotional what with it being set on the Titanic.

48. The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting - I love this series, though I did want more of a focus on Jay and Violet.

49. Falling Fast by Sophie McKenzie - Interesting contemp set around a dramatic reproduction of Romeo and Juliet.

Just finished book number two!

"Looking for Alaska" John Green

6. The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

I picked up a copy while thrifting with a friend and decided to give it a chance because people said Albom's book "Tuesday's with Maury" was good. The title is rather self explanatory. Is really makes you think and it's a definite page turner and made me tear up a couple of times.

7. Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson

From the author of 'Speak' and 'Catalyst' (both of which are decent, quick reads). If you like her other books this one may be a little different because it's from the point of view of a boy rather than girl. It starts off on a mild note but then the story line gets a little twisted (see what I did there? ha!) and it's rather uncomfortable at points. I can't say to much about the twist with out giving everything away but I'll say the book does touch on rape and suicide so be warned. 

Just finished book number three!

I decided to read "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children"

Next I think I maight endeavor to read the first book in the Hunger Games series, especially with it coming out in theaters.

I had no idea there was an official page for this, I just heard about it and decided that 2012 was the year to do it! :D Im on 168books methinks, im counting them all up in a little notebook, with the title, the author and a rating out of ten. :D

My best are Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, and Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton.

1. Cosi - Louis Nowra

2. An Abundance of Katherines - John Green

3. Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky

4.The Crucible - Arthur Miller

5. The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins

6. Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins

7. Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins

8. Ten Days in a Mad-House - Nellie Bly

9. Paper Towns - John Green

10. The Fault in Our Stars - John Green

11. The Outsiders - S.E Hinton

12. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde - R.L. Stevenson

13. Doctor Who: The Way Through The Woods - Una McCormack

14. An Education - Lynn Barber

I'm currently reading February Flowers by Fan Wu.

How did you find "Ten Days in a Mad-House?'  I really wanna read that one

13. If You Ask Me - Betty White

14. Abarat - Clive Barker (re-read)

15. Abarat: Days of Magic, Nights of War - Clive Barker (re-read)

16. Abarat: Absolute Midnight - Clive Barker

17. The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins (re-read)

18. Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins (re-read)

19. Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins (re-read)

20. Lamb - Christopher Moore

Just finished The Hunger Games by Suzzane Collins!

Loved It!

Can't wait to read the second one!

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service