The rules are the same as last year! (click here for more details)
You have a year to read 100 books. Add replies with what you have read and possibly a little description to tell your fellow Nerdfighters a little bit about them.
Good luck and get reading!
Replies are closed for this discussion.
4. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
8. The Bell Jar, Sylvia Plath
9. The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Stephen Chbosky
10. The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins
11. Peeps, Scott Westerfeld
12. Death of a Salesman, Arthur Miller (for school)
13. The Catcher in the Rye, J.D. Salinger
14. Water for Elephants, Sara Gruen
I'm a little bit behind, but I'm hoping to catch up over spring break and the summer. It's a bit of a stressful time school-wise right now (end of senior year), so I don't have a lot of time to read.
I'm in!! I've read 14 so far, so I think I'm doing rather good
Me like this :D I want in, it's just I already read like 10 books probably but um, I dont know exact number, so um I'll just count from 5 :D
Hey guys, i just finished my first book after reading the forum, The Book of Fate" by Brad Meltzer. If you enjoy history, a weird plot twist and conspiracy's you'll love it! Just read it it's awesome.
I just started reading Glass by Ellen Hopkins, sequel to Crank......
I haven't updated since the end of January, whoops!
20. The Thorn and the Blossom by Theodora Goss - technically two short stories, but I'm counting it.
21. Fated by Sarah Alderson - Paranormal YA about a Buffy type girl against a load of demons.
22. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi - Interesting debut dystopian novel
23. The Killables by Gemma Malley - another dystopian book about eradicating evil from society
24. The Look by Sophia Bennett - really wonderful book about a girl who is spotted by a model agency
25. Midsummer Tights Dream by Louise Rennison - Fun sequel in the Tallullah Casey series
26. Welcome Caller, This Is Chloe by Shelley Coriell - Fun book about a girl trying to save a radio station
27. Skin Deep by Laura Jaratt - Fab book about a girl trying to feel comfortable again after a car accident leaves her scarred
28. Reckoning by Lili St. Crow - Final book in the Strange Angels series
29. Nine Uses For an Ex-Boyfriend by Sarra Manning - I love Sarra Manning.
This is great! My new year's resolution was to read 50, but I've already read 18 so I'm definitely up for a harder challenge.
So far I've read: 1, 2, and 3: Hunger Games trilogy, 4. The Hound of the Baskervilles, 5. The Fault In Our Stars, 6. Looking For Alaska, 7.How Equal Temperament Ruined Harmony (And Why You Should Care), 8. Little Women, 9. A Christmas Carol, 10. A Study in Scarlet, 11. The Sign of Four, 12. The Valley of Fear, 13. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, 14. A Great and Terrible Beauty, 15. Rebel Angels, 16. The Sweet Far Thing, 17. The Importance of Being Ernest, 18. Northanger Abbey.
I'm up for further reading suggestions if anyone has them :) Happy reading!
Oh, awesome! I'm definitely in.
I've already read Cosi by Louis Nowra, so that's one down.
I'm currently reading An Abundance of Katherines and I'll be starting The Perks of Being a Wallflower tomorrow.
I'm in! And I've already read two books, so yay!
1) The Book of Human Skin by Michelle Lovic. Very interesting, loved every word of it. And plus it was set in Venice. I like Venice.
2) The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien. Just... Awesome. Epic and awesome.
I'm in! I've just read al 3 of thg and, so only 97 to go
10th of the way!! I've just finished book #10: An Abundance of Katherines. Loved it a lot.
Now onto Will Grayson, Will Grayson!!
I'm on my tenth book at the moment! I'm planning on finishing it tonight. I bought The Fault in Our Stars today and I am looking forward to it, though it might become my 12th or 13th book of 2012.