Nerdfighters

The rules are the same as last year! (click here for more details)

You have a year to read 100 books. Add replies with what you have read and possibly a little description to tell your fellow Nerdfighters a little bit about them. 

Good luck and get reading!

Tags: 2012, books, challenge

Views: 3817

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

5. Bloodsucking Fiends by Christopher Moore

The first book in Christopher Moore's vampire series.

It's a nice comedic view of vampires from the point of view of C. Thomas Flood a 19 year old from Incontinence, Indiana who moves to San Francisco to be a writer and meets newly changed vamp Jody.

It's a really good book to start with if you've never read Moore's work before. ( A Dirty Job is one of my favorites)

I have a question- short stories that I read for school, like Oedipus and Antigone- can I count them as full books?

I personally count plays as novels (a lot of the ones I read are at least novella length).  In previous years, the rules stated that plays do count as novels, although you can always count them as 1/2 or something if you don't think they're substantial enough.  I mean, in the end I think it's more about personal challenge than strict rules. :)

1. Hunger Game by Suzanne Collins--In the ruins of the US the capitol controls EVERYTHING and the have the HUnger Games yearly. Katniss Everdeen enters the Hunger Games and inthe games the object is to kill. KIll until it's only you. RAte: 2892937227/5

2. Macbeth by William Shakespear--Macbeth is told that he will be Thane of Cawdor, Glamus and King of Scottland. He goes to great lengths to make this happen, even murder. 5/5

3. Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan--Paul meets a boy: Noah. And instantly he falls in love with him. Paul and NOah go through a lot for each other and it honestly, makes you want to chose who Paul ends up with. I know I did. 9876987688776655674937782905483438943432905398/5 AMAZING

I JUST re-read Boy Meets Boy on Wednesday!!  I read it a couple of times years ago, and thought I'd read it through between denser novels.  I forgot how beautiful it is, and it absolutely wrecked me.  Love it to pieces, so glad to see someone else who loves it too!

Ive read 7 if you count non fiction, 6 if you don't count non fiction

So far I've read:

the hunger games trilogy (amazing books!! Go read them now!)

Boys don't cry - Malorie blackman (really good, it made me cry, I also found it quite thought provoking)

Impossible - Nancy werlin (amazing, it's a romance novel though, so if you don't particulary like romance I'm not sure if you'd like this, it's "a haunting, thrilling, romantic puzzle")

You against me - Jenny Downham (Romance again, a guys sister may or may not have been raped by a girls brother, and it's about their relationship, and it deals with rape. It's a really good book)

(30 second theories) (I'm not sure if this one counts, cause its not a story, but it's really interesting, and it describes the top 50 scientific theories so that people who aren't scientists can understand them)

I'm definitely in! It'll give me a really good reason to read lots. I mean, I do anyway, but now I can be doing it for a reason.

Read so far:

1. The Throne of Fire - Rick Riordan

2. Let It Snow - John Green, Maureen Johnson, Lauren Myracle

3. The Lost Hero - Rick Riordan

4. The Hobbit - J.R.R Tolkien

5. Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins

6. Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins

I'm working on:

1. Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen

2. David Copperfield - Charles Dickens

3. Elephants Can Remember - Agatha Christie

4. Mere Christianity - C.S Lewis

5.Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy- John Le Carre

Where's the 25 book challenge? I might be able to do that one. :P

Yay, this thread is great for me :) I challenge myself even without it, but it's good to keep track plus I hope I will find here some great suggestions :) So far I have read 12 books, right now I am working my way through 4 others (2 fiction 2 nonfiction, so that I can alternate for various moods) I will try to add titles and descriptions from now on for the finished ones :)

I'll do it!!

The only book I've read so far this year is "Looking for Alaska" and it was amazing!!! But i don't really know how to explain it with out spoiling it. Anyone want to help me?

I'm apparently starting a bit late withthe Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series. Let's do this

I'm a little bit behind but here's my status as of now.

15. The Amulet of Samarkand

16. The Golem’s Eye

17. Feed

18. Chasing Vermeer (this was a random children's book that I found on my shelf but it's actually pretty good!)

19. Waiting for Godot (school)

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service