Nerdfighters

Here's the deal:
I have no friends who are NerdFighters in real life. I AM in the process of converting them from lame into made of awesome. But it is a lengthy process, considering how many videos they need to watch to really understand the many jokes and things from Hank and John and what-not.... Rambling for the win!
ANYWAYS.
I would love it if we could set up a real hardcore pen pal thingy. [wow. that sentence was NOT made of awesome]
But, yeah. Then us NerdFighters can really discuss. Our lives. Current NerdFighter news. How to truly be MADE OF AWESOME.... etc. etc. etc.
So, yeah. I was stuck in the waiting room while watching Mr. John Green feed Willy and talk about, well, everything on BlogTV... And we discussed about how few people really have NERDFIGHTER MADE OF AWESOME friends they can talk to all the time...

There's my proposition.
I assume communication via E-Mail, what with lame postage, and people not feeling very safe giving out addresses.
So there.

Let the discussion and ideas flow henceforth!

EDIT:
hmm. As you may have noticed.... There are a LOT of NerdFighters. Aaand, well, I can think of ideas, but wow. I'm not one for truly implementing and details and all that mumbo-jumbo....
So I guess this discussion board has just kind of become a place to answer those questions for everyone to look at and if you see someone and think 'Woooaaaahhh, I totally understand what they mean. We should converse!' ...Well, from there you... Converse! It's fun. I promise. We don't bite.... Well, I guess I shouldn't speak for everyone... But it's okay, you can't get rabies via the internet. :P
So this is just a place to be like 'HEYYYYYY. This is meeee and if you find me remotely interesting we should find a convenient way for us to communicate and be friends'

aand next thing you know you'll have NerdFighter friends in Canada and the US and Sweden and the UK and... other places!

QUESTIONS!
1. hobbies?
2. sport(s) you play...?
3. what other vlogs do you watch?
4. are you big into politics?
5. are you looking more for a pal to chat with, or some big discussions?
6. your age [so you can find someone you might have more things in common with ei. school, jobs etc.]
7. what is your favorite book?
8. what is your favorite Brotherhood 2.0 video?

you can think of more, you can not answer these, you can simply peruse through other peoples' answers, go crazy!

Let's see how this works!!!

Tags: awesome, blah, friends, hank, in, john, life, made, nerdifghters, of, More…pals, pen, pwn!, real

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Questions
1. hobbies?
Reading, watching way too much TV, fanfic (mostly slash, practically any fandom), obsessing, avoiding homework
2. sport(s) you play...?
Swim
None really
No. I am so happy this election is ending soon.
Whatever.
6. your age
Sixteen
I hate this question. How can I possibly pick a single book? One of my recent favorites is Drawing Blood by Poppy Z. Brite
Probably Accio Deathly Hallows. I'm a total Harry Potter nerdfighter and watched that video so many times when we were trying to get it up to a million views.
QUESTIONS!
1. hobbies?
READING!, photo adventures, watching/making films (i'm a film student)
2. sport(s) you play...?
none! well... wii tennis sometimes, but that's it. I tried playing real tennis once and it didn't work out very well...
charlieissocoollike, fiveawesomeguys, nerimon, peron75
HECK YES! I read about politics all the time. I am a little OCD about it!!! And I love when there are elections and on the voting day you can watch all the little maps and stats that show you what provinces (or states) are voting for what party :) it's fun!
both!
6. your age [so you can find someone you might have more things in common with ei. school, jobs etc.]
Public Power in the Age of Empire (nonfiction) and I can't pick one fictional book! I really like LOTR, Harry Potter, and pretty much anything by David Levithan or Francesca Lia Block.
Probably "How Nerdfighters Drop Insults". I almost fell over laughing the first time I watched it!
I want one!!!!

1. Hobbies: creative writing, writing for my school newspaper, acting, singing, dancing (poorly), listening to music, playing bass guitar and clairnet, watching movies, reading, etc.
2. I play varsity field hockey for my school, but I play volleyball and swim recreationally
3. I watch fiveawesomegirls, fiveawesomeguys, italktosnakes, walllofweird & wallofweird, chrisontv88 & chrisontv89, hayleyghoover, nerimon, charlieissocoollike, kakums, daxflame, sxephil, and others.
4. I have very strong opinions and am extremely liberal. I do not support Obama but I support Biden.
5. Chatting or discussions, I'm up for anyting!
6. I'm 15, but most of my friends are older
7. Favorite book...Jane Eyre, Macbeth, Paper Towns, The Outsiders, Harry Potter....
8. The Catcher in the Rye videos!

penpal, anyone?
1. hobbies?
Climbing, camping, backpacking, caving, bouldering, guitar/banjo playing/writing, going to Raves and dance parties, poi/glowstringing, fire spinning, juggling, chess,

2. sport(s) you play...?
Climbing is a sport. You can't really lose (unless you're at a comp), so I wouldn't say I play it, though.

Dont

I have some pretty radical beliefs, but I don't often talk about them unless asked. I have no problem talking about what I believe and why I believe it, but I don't often burden people with conversations about things they'll probably disagree with, or not know how to react toward.

It's all good. Little chats pass the time, but you can learn a lot about someone from them. Big discussions can also tell someone a lot, but they're also how you learn about yourself.

The Razor's Edge, by W. Somerset Maugham (pron. 'mom')

Blenderized Happy Meal. That was effin gross.
I have no nerdfighter friends. I wish I did. I need more friends. So if I sound interesting, send me a message and maybe we can be penpals. That would be great!

1. hobbies?
Let's see. I love to act and sing. I regularly participate in community theatre shows. I like to play video games. I really enjoy reading, but that's probably because I'm an English teacher and a nerd. I am planning on beginning to play D&D with my husband because he really enjoys it and I have never done it. I'm actually pretty scared about it.
2. sport(s) you play...?
I don't play sports. I learned at an early age that I am horrible at sports. I am much better at creative things.
I don't really. I need to though. I'm just always so busy because of work. Teaching doesn't leave you much vlogging free time.
I find it interesting. I like to talk about it. But I'm not one of those people who is gung ho into it. I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion, as long as they can back it up.
It doesn't really matter. I'd like to get to know someone who is different and stuff. I like meeting new people, so it really doesn't matter what we talk about as long as we talk about something.
I am 25. Married. I have 2 dogs and a cat. I live in a house. And I teach high school students the finer points of literature for a living.
I don't know that I have a FAVORITE, but I enjoy the Wheel of Time seires by the late, great Robert Jordan as well as the Kushiel series by Jacqueline Carey, the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris, and the Queen Betsy books by MaryJanice Davidson.
I only just joined this site, and would love to make some nerdfighter friends :)

1. hobbies?
I LOVE to read (Harry Potter and Twilight being two of the favourites - I'm fairly predicable :P); I have a big interest in langauges and am currently in my first year studying Linguistics at uni; I like to watch people on Youtube (goes without saying, really); I like watching anime and cartoons like South Park... and I like drumming, but I don't own a kit :(

2. sport(s) you play...?
Not huge on sports overall, but I really like swimming. And badminton is cool.

Ifancythetrio, fiveawesomegirls, hayleyghoover

Not so much.

Both would be nice!

Probably 'The Amber Spyglass' by Philip Pullman, although Harry Potter 4 is a very close 2nd.

The first one that comes to mind is the one with Hank's 'Accio Deathly Hallows' song. I had it stuck in my head for days :D
i love harry potter my fav. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayh
1. hobbies?
Reading (mostly fiction, unless it's more about philosphy/religion/psychology), dancing, watching anime, reading manga, dancing (I've been doing it since I'm four and I'm still awful), listening to music (I love almost every genre), photo-editing (I'm quite horrible at it), chatting, and analyzing the importance of things. Playing minesweeper. =P Oh and making AMVs
2. sport(s) you play...?
Well, I compete in dance. I'm not a very athletic person.
Sxephil and Whatthebuck (sometimes)
I'm into the more controversial stuff, not really into candidates and that kind of stuff.
Both?
I'm 15, a sophomore in high school
Out of John's novels, Paper Towns, otherwise Wicked by Gregory Maguire. I just realized how little I read actual books and how often I read amateur fiction and fanfiction.
This is hard, um, Denver Airport...Via Isengard
Ooh, this looks interesting :D
1. hobbies?
Internet-browsing, book-reading, picture-drawing, music-listening... I'll rack my brain for something interesting... I like analysing and reviewing things. Yes, as a hobby.
2. sport(s) you play...?
Um, I guess... Orienteering? It's sport, but with nerdiness added. Yeah.
Hayleyghoover, charlieissocoollike, pearshaped68...
Well, before this year, I would say absolutely not- but now I'm kind of very interested. It is thanks to John and Hank that I now read the newspaper :D
Uh, both I suppose. I'll make small talk, and have a few big discussions.
This is tricky. Probably a tie between Harry Potter 6, Looking for Alaska, Jurrasic Park and Catcher in the Rye
This is even more tricky D< I think it is probably 'How Nerdfighters Drop Insults'
I am up for having a penpal. It seems fun!
1. hobbies? writing, reading, playing piano/guitar, Harry Potter
2. sport(s) you play...?
3. what other vlogs do you watch? FiveAwesomeGirls/Guys, Nerimon, Rosianna, ZeldaPhan, Lena/ butterbeerwrocks, there are some others, too.
4. are you big into politics? Yes. Democrat.
5. are you looking more for a pal to chat with, or some big discussions? I'd say both!
6. your age [so you can find someone you might have more things in common with ei. school, jobs etc.] 17
7. what is your favorite book? Ah... That is worst question you can ask... Harry Potter, Sylvia Plath, Harry, A History, Paper Towns, Joe College, Prep, Frannie and Zooey, The Catcher and the Rye, Wicked, The Know It All, Seeing me Naked, No Plot? No Problem, Things not seen, Anna Karenia, The average american male, On the Road, Just to name a few...
8. what is your favorite Brotherhood 2.0 video? Also very tough... Any when they are talking about books, the vacation ones are prett good. I also enjoy any of the punishments, John waxing his chin never gets old, and of course, Accio Deathly Hallows.

As for a penpal, if you like Harry Potter, you're golden in my eyes.
I really don't care who you are, as long as we have some things in common, I'd love to talk XD

1. manga, self-taught piano, reading, digital art, researching serial killers, and the interwebzzz
2. tennis, sort of?
3. charilieissocoolike, sxephil, fiveawesome(girls&guys), mytoecold, jabazzy
4. ehh slightly, i usually keep my opinions to myself but I'm more of a Democrat.
5. either, but I do love deep conversations.
6. 14
7. Just a few: The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Choke, The Zombie Survival Guide, the Twilight series, The Host
8. Zombie vs. Unicorn

DFTBA

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service