Nerdfighters

So, I usually write down quotes I really like from books, but since this was one of those books that you read the moment it comes out, and in a hurry, I didn't take the time to write any down!

So, post your favorite quotes from the book here! :D

Here is one I managed to get...
"Look at all those cul-de-sacs, the streets that turn in on themselves all the houses that were built to fall apart. All those paper people in their paper houses burning the furniture to stay warm. All the paper kids drinking the beer some bum bought for them at the paper convenience store. Everyone demented with the mania of owning things. All the things paper-thin and paper-frail."

OH, I got another, same general section...

"But it was the last string. It was a lame string, for sure, but it was the one I had left. And every paper girl needs at least one string, right?"

Views: 18773

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My boyfriend is named Ben, and he is so much like the Ben in paper Towns when he s drunk.
:D
Even though he's a fail cause he hasn't read it, and isn't a nerdfihgter, I love him to bits. :P
"Talking to a drunk person was like talking to an extermly happy, serverly brain-damged three-year-old."

and

"Peeing is like a very good book in that it is very, very to start once you start."
Umm...
well you wrote that last one a little wrong.

"Peeing is like a very good book in that it is very, very hard to stop once you start."
"Peeing is like a good book, once you start its hard to stop"
I love that one!
I have a couple in my word document of quotes...

“You listen to people so that you can imagine them, and you hear all the terrible and wonderful things people do to themselves and to one another, but in the end the listening exposes you even more than it exposes the people you’re trying to listen to.”

“I leave, and the leaving is so exhilarating I know I can never go back. But then what? Do I just keep leaving places, and leaving them, and leaving them, tramping a perpetual journey?”

"But it was the last string. It was a lame string, for sure, but it was the one I had left, and every paper girl needs at least one string, right?"
Funny Quotes:

“I likey the apples.”

“I mean, maybe I’m just drunk, but I’m feeling a little love for your douchey ass right now.”

“I shaved this morning for precisely that reason. I was like, ‘Well, you never know when someone is going to clamp down on your calf and try to suck out the snake poison.’”

“Don’t think of it as breaking in to SeaWorld. Think of it as visiting SeaWorld in the middle of the night for free.”

Those of us who frequent the band room have long suspected that Becca maintains her lovely figure by eating nothing but the souls of kittens and the dreams of impoverished children.

“But before we can radically reshape the world, we need to shop.”

Other Quotes (spoilerific):

I stand in this parking lot, realizing that I’ve never been this far from home, and here is this girl I love and cannot follow. I hope this is the hero’s errand, because not following her is the hardest thing I’ve ever done.

And it is dark as I kiss her, but I have my eyes open and so does Margo.

After we kiss, our foreheads touch as we stare at each other. Yes, I can see her almost perfectly in this cracked darkness.

It is saying these things that keeps us from falling apart. And maybe by imagining these futures we can make them real, and maybe not, but either way we must imagine them.

The preciousness of the moment, which should make it easier to talk, makes it harder.

I have never really thought of him as a person, either. A guy who played in the dirt like me. A guy who fell in love like me. A guy whose strings were broken, who didn’t feel the root of his leaves of grass connected to the field, a guy who was cracked. Like me.

It has taken us thousands of miles and many days, but here we are: her head on my shoulder, her breath on my neck, the fatigue thick inside of us. We are now as I wished we could be then.

"It’s kind of great, being an idea that everybody likes. But I could never be the idea to myself, not all the way."

You are going to the paper towns. And you are never coming back.

"And it ends up being so odd and fun and magical that I go back to my room in the morning and I just miss you."

“You were just playing with us, weren’t you? You just wanted to make sure that even after you left to go have your fun, you were still the axis we spun around.”

What a treacherous thing it is to believe that a person is more than a person.

I can almost imagine a happiness without her, the ability to let her go, to feel our roots are connected even if I never see that leaf of grass again.

And then it’s just SeaWorld, except darker.

Margo was not a miracle. She was not an adventure. She was not a fine and precious thing. She was a girl.

“It’s so hard for anyone to show us how we look, and so hard for us to show anyone how we feel.”

“You’re funny, and you’re smart, and you may show up late, but you always show up eventually.”

“She’s dead and we’re all ... doing this.”

She was the kind of girl who could make you forget about a lot of things.

I don’t know who she is anymore, or who she was, but I need to find her.

“I. Will. Miss. Hanging. Out. With. You.”

Her lips were so close to me that I could feel her smile.

She raised one leg and gave me all her weight as I dipped her. She either trusted me or wanted to fall.

“I didn’t need you, you idiot. I picked you. And then you picked me back.”

Margo’s beauty was a kind of sealed vessel of perfection – uncracked and uncrackable.

“We bring the fucking rain, Q. Not the scattered showers.”

She had the kind of fingers you want to interlace with your own.

Margo always loved mysteries. And in everything that came afterward, I could never stop thinking that maybe she loved mysteries so much that she became one.
That is the best list of Paper Towns quotes. Thanks. :D
"YES YES YES!!!"
"Peeing is like reading a good book, you just can't stop." (kind of like Paper Towns, eh John?)
"..its like saying that the Eiffel Tower is not alone, but lonely." (I don't know if thats exactly it, I don't have my book.)
"Remember that time in the minivan, twenty minutes ago, when we didn't die?"
"World's Best Grandma"
heheeh
"Please stop. You're upsetting the black Santas."
"Nothing is more boring than listening to other people's dreams."
My favorite quotes are,

"You'd better be calling me to say that there are eleven naked honeybunnies in your house and that they're asking for the Special Feeling that only Big Daddy Ben can provide."

AND~

"No, I love you. Not like a sister loves a brother or like a friend loves a friend. I love you like a really drunk guy loves the best girl ever

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service