Nerdfighters

So, I usually write down quotes I really like from books, but since this was one of those books that you read the moment it comes out, and in a hurry, I didn't take the time to write any down!

So, post your favorite quotes from the book here! :D

Here is one I managed to get...
"Look at all those cul-de-sacs, the streets that turn in on themselves all the houses that were built to fall apart. All those paper people in their paper houses burning the furniture to stay warm. All the paper kids drinking the beer some bum bought for them at the paper convenience store. Everyone demented with the mania of owning things. All the things paper-thin and paper-frail."

OH, I got another, same general section...

"But it was the last string. It was a lame string, for sure, but it was the one I had left. And every paper girl needs at least one string, right?"

Views: 18754

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

“And so I could not imagine her as a person who could feel fear, who could feel isolated in a room full of people, who could be shy about her record collection because it was too personal to share. Someone who might read travel books to escape having to live in the town that so many people escape to. Someone who—because no one thought she was a person—had no one to really talk to (pg. 199).”

This is one of the ones I used for my paper about the novel.

-Insert Entire Paper Towns Here-

"No, I love you. Not like a sister loves a brother or like a friend loves a friend. I love you like a really drunk guy loves the best girl ever."

I wish this book came out when I was in high school, I was obviouslly being way too tactful when it came to picking up chicks.

those of us who frequent the band room have long suspected that Becca maintains her lovely figure by eating nothing but the souls of kittens and the dreams of impoverished children.

so funny!

My favorite quote is from pg 299:

"'Nothing ever happens like you imagine it will,' she says.

The sky is like a monochromatic contemporary painting, drawing me in with its illusion of depth, pulling me up. 'Yeah, that's true,' I say. But then after I think about it for a second, I add, 'But then again if you don't imagine, nothing ever happens at all.'"

Also, I love Margo's Emily Dickinson quote of "Forever is composed of nows."

Arguably the most obvious quote from the book, but I'm posting it anyways, because it gave me one of the most cold-bellied cases of the hair-raising spine-tinglies that I have ever experienced whilst reading:

YOU WILL GO TO THE PAPER TOWNS
AND YOU WILL NEVER COME BACK

"It's not even hard enough to be made out of plastic. it's a paper town"

Don't think of it as breaking into sea world think of it as visiting sea world in the middle of the night for free

Does anyone have the quote Margo reads from one of her books at the paper town in NY? Thanks!

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service