Nerdfighters

Tags: lol

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, he's right.
It's just...so awesome...*tears of joy*
Both Rowling and Meyer, they're speaking directly to young people... The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can't write worth a darn. She's not very good."

hahaha. wow where did you find this?
...at that link. Lol.
The only book I've read by him that I really liked was The Stand. He's pretty...I dunno...his writing style never changes, and while I LIKE it, after three or four books I was just like 'meh'.
Have you read The Talisman? Or maybe it's just Talisman. I dunno but it. Is. Amazing
I started it when I was a freshman. I had already read The Stand, Cujo, Pet Cemetary, and IT, so I was...pretty much King'd out.
I've read The Talisman, The Stand, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, and I think that's it. OH! And The Mist. I freaked my the hell out. I started IT but it gave me nightmares =/
The Stand is epic. I love reading books/watching movies/playing video games about human life post-apocalypse/destructive force.

It also had a good grasp of the core of human nature--we're social, and we like to stick together.
Yeah. Definitely one of my favorites
O/T: I'm not wild about Stephen King, but I LOVED "Different Seasons", a collection of four non-horror novellas, namely Shawshank Redemption, Apt Pupil, The Body (film was called 'Stand by Me'), and The Breathing Method. The Shawshank Redemption and Stand by Me are also two of my favourite books-into-movies, 'Apt Pupil' was a LOT better as a novella than it was as a film though.
I keep intending to read Apt Pupil. My mother reccomended it to me.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service