Nerdfighters

In my AP English Lit class, we do most of our discussions on whatever book we're reading and literary criticism theories.
The most recent one has been Jacques Derrida's theory of "Deconstruction". From what I've gathered, everything in our lives is a signifier and we can never know what something truly is because all we have for it is names and labels and things. Reality is just a contrived existence that we have built to communicate, but everything we say is a lie.

I don't know if it is comforting, but its not horrible. Because it's the only existence we know. We are a just a small pixel in a larger image.

I like the theory and am very intrigued by it, but I was wondering if anyone else had any thoughts on this? I've heard a lot of what people from my class think, but I'm interested to hear the thoughts of someone on the outside of my school.
Thanks! :)

:] (taken from www.chisnell.com)

Tags: criticism, deconstruction, derrida, jacques, litcrit, literary, literature, signifiers, theory

Views: 2

Reply to This

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service