Nerdfighters

I always dog-ear my books. Some say this is abuse. I say it's a display of my affection. Do you dog-ear your books or use a bookmark? Do you have any special bookmarks?

Views: 2890

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It depends... Once, I had a really nice bookmark made from a piano key and I kept it in the book I was reading at the time. Then I started a soft cover and almost cracked it... I started dog-earring after that and now I haven't used a bookmark for at least a year or so. Yay for dog-earring!
I'm always losing my bookmarks. I've quit putting any money into them. Mostly I'll just use scraps of paper. Of course I lose those too. I've gotten in the habit of just looking at the page number before I close the book. The way I remember the number is making up a little math problem. Ex. pg. 325: 3+2=5. Even if the problem doesn't work I usually don't forget.
Wow, so do I. I thought I was the only one weirdo around xD

I used to dogear, until my book-neatness obsessed friend made me promise not to in order to borrow her books, and since I borrowed so many from her the habit stuck.
Haha, I do this to remember most things! If I need to remember to do something the next day, I give all the letters in the words values, and the add it up in my head. I find it easy to remember equations!
yeah sometimes i do that
I can't say I make up math problems to remember page numbers, but I do it all the time to remember phone numbers!
This happens to me a lot, but I don't tend to make up math problems to remember the number. Most of the time I can just store it in my brain. I think of it kind of like a quick save feature on video games.
I wouldn't call dog-earring abuse but I still don't like to do it. Bookmarks are a must, even if it's just a piece of scrap paper. :/

agreed.  i also hate highlighting books.

while not abusive, i can't see how dogearing or marking up a book is affectionate

Same. You can dog-ear your own books, but I can't handle it. Also, I read a lot of library books, so I would never, every want to get into that habit.

Can i go for secret option number 3. I try to remember what page i last read, then see if i got it right
I do this too.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service