I always dog-ear my books. Some say this is abuse. I say it's a display of my affection. Do you dog-ear your books or use a bookmark? Do you have any special bookmarks?

Views: 3017

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I always lose my bookmarks. I dog-ear out of neccesity.

I dog ear because i am usually in a hurry or to busy to look for a book mark. sometimes i put both because i have paper in my hand that i want to set down and have already dog ear'd the book.

I dog ear books that I will go through quickly--such as books about college applications. :( Sad books right there; I try to get through them really fast.

However, any fiction books I read, I bookmark. Dog ears in fiction books distract me. Don't ask me why, because I have no idea why; it just does. I usually just use a normal note card. They get the job done. 

(could also be my recent conversations about the weird things that mess with one's suspension of disbelief but)

if this is specifically a problem with fiction vs nonfiction it might have something to do with how easily you can get into any story. 

Somehow I always just remember the page. I never intentionally try to remember the page number, I will close the book and realize I never looked at the page number. But then I open the book up and just know where it is. I hate using bookmarks and I could never dog-ear a book. But now I've been using a kindle and so I let it remember for me :)

heh, let the kindle remember

I bookmark, because even though I do like when books have that worn telltale sign that they have been read often, I simply cannot bring myself to do this to any book I read. Even if it's a schoolbook I'll probably use some kind of bookmark (or simply write down the pages I need to read on a note somwhere). I tend to lose my bookmarks aswell, though usually they turn out to just be lost inside another book that I've forgotten that I was reading. For this reason I have a small arsenal of bookmarks tucked away on a shelf for my convenience, and if I can't find one to use I'll usually just grab whatever that is reasonably flat and can tuck away neatly into a book without damaging it. I think I've used a hairband at some point...

Both! When I first buy a book, it's so nice and clean and fresh and it just smells so good. BUT THEN when I actually start reading a book, I hate keeping track of bookmarks and you know dog-ear(ing) books is so convenient. I'm too lazy to not dog-ear. The way I see it is that it's my book, I can do what I want.   :D

I have a problem of not being able to stop reading- often times I fall asleep but I remember where I was. I just remember the page. But My loved books are left with bent spines, frayed edges and musty pages :)

I just remember the page number. 

I use any random thing in my pocket that is flat enough for me to close the book around it. Bus or train tickets are good for that. If it is my own book I'll dog ear if. My books always end up looking like survivors from some horrible disaster. They are covered in tea, dropped in the bath, dog eared, scruffy etc. this is mostly just cos I read them a lot.

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2015   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service