Nerdfighters

I Just want to know; what do people think time is; a Vector or a Scalar?

Post with your opinion, I want to see what most people think about this.

Ok, to avoid confusion:

A Scalar is a quantity that has only magnitude(size); for example: Distance, Speed, Mass.

A Vector is a quantity that has magnitude(size) and Direction(that it acts in); for example: Displacement, Velocity, and Weight.

Tags: Time

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ah right I see, even so, that is an interesting concept, although it is difficult to travel backwards in time without exceeding the speed of light, at least so far as I know, although frankly I am only in 6th form, which in america would be about second last year of high school, so I don't know as much as I would like on the subject, but there is nothing that interests more than quantum time theories
Yes, but because it is always treated as a scalar, at least when it is taught, and so people just accept that. I always get the worst answer, it really annoys me because it show how little people think about things,: 'Because it just is' *sigh*
Hmm. you certainly do have a point, I was taught it earlier this year, I guess that you only can derive vectors when dealing with physics I guess. It is interesting to see it from a more mathematical side, being more interested in physics and having a very visual mind I tend not to think about it, although when I do think about things in mathematical ways I tend to come up with rather interesting things, like I have a method to prove Zero is infinity, now it doesn't work, but only someone who knows a lot about the concept of infinity would be able to notice why.
HA! Short and simple! I LOVE IT!

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service