Nerdfighters

OK everyone knows about Harry Potter and Twilight and the other best sellers but what are some of the best undiscovered books out there

*my favorite undiscovered books: Shock Point, Twisted, Right Behind You, and The Scilenced

Tags: best, books, favorite, undiscovered

Views: 4329

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I Know!!!! So good and fantastic descriptions of everything. I really felt like the circus was real/want it ot come to my town! :)

Not sure if these are undiscovered but:
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.
- Rainbow Boys by Alex Sanchez. 

1. Perks is AMAZING and I love it. And more people should read it so it totally counts.

2. My friend swears by those books but I haven't gotten time. So maybe I will start!

I love perks as well! Did you hear about the movie? And I'll try Rainbow Boys, it looks good. :)

So, I think this might be discovered because it was on a list of 100 books you should read before you die but I don't hear enough people talking about it. SO.

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

It's a BEAUTIFUL book about books and about Spain and about growing up and falling in love and bad shit stuff that happens to people. 

One of my favorites is the entire "His Dark Materials" series. tHe movie that came out a few years ago really trned people off from reading the whole trilogy, but they're very good. Also, try "The Night Circus" or "why We broke Up".....good stuff. :)

Umm... Miss Invisible was a favorite of mine. Honestly, I fell in love with Laura Jensen Walker as an author. She's fantastic for women in their older teens and twenties. :)

I am never certain how well known House of Leaves actually is. That's what comes from being so immersed in internet communities. If you haven't read it, the book is so strangely wonderful and uses a meta formula that jumps right off the pages and into your mind, destroying both.

After by Amy Efaw

Bunheads by Sophie Flack (not related to the new show)

Model by Cheryl Daimond

North of Beautiful by Justine Chen Headley

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart

Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult

Peeps by Scott Westerfield

Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie by David Lubar

My Life as a Rhombus by Varian Johnson

I don't know how "undiscovered" any of these really are - I tend to like popular books and I know some of these are very well-known authors.  Also, this list is a bit mixed.  Some are books I read in middle school, others I'm reading in college.  Some are sci-fi, others autobiographical, some are light reads while others really make you think.

Handle with Care is one of my favorites. Peeps is really good too, and everyone focuses on his "uglies' books so much! :)

Love Sucks

A Need So Beautiful

Invincible Summer

Gone Gone Gone

The Unidentified

Kiss the Morning Star

When the Sea is Rising Red

Masque of the Red Death (a novel, not the original by Poe)

who is ready for the new artemis fowl book TOMORROW?!?!?!?!? Nook FTW!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service