Nerdfighters

I recently got into a debate about Manga. My brother said that it is pointless and a waste of time. I maintain that it is beautiful artwork, and fun to read. What do you think?

Views: 189

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Do!
I really enjoy manga. You can find manga that relates to anyone. They have great art and (mostly) good stories. They are online! Also just so everyone is clear although manga is (are?) Japanese comics almost everyone reads them not just kids or obsessed people.
Suppose I have to share this... Naruto kinda changed my life. I really like the story and all the depth in it. You have to look for it but it's there. That wasn't the point though Naruto got me into fan fiction. I will never be the same again. The fan fictions I've read are seriously better than a lot of the novels I've read. There are some completely amazing fan fiction writers who also have a lot of the same values as nerdfighters not only that but their writing is completely amazing.
I've only recently started to read manga, and I must say I'm really enjoying it! I find it very exciting as an art form and it offers lots of opportunities for storytelling that other things (novels, films) do not.

(Also, I'm looking for recommendations. I've only read a few, but I've really liked things like Death Note and FMA. If anyone has ideas, please reply or message me!)
I like to think I'm a manga fan but then I remember my 2 best friends each have about 5 shelves of manga, filling an entire wall along with books movies and games.
Don't.
I'm not sure exactly why I don't like them, there's just something about the focus on the pictures and not the words.
Also, the fact that all the girls (in the mangas I've read) are, like, size zeros bothers me.
Manga is like a book but with pictures, which makes it funner for people that cant stand a page with a bunch of words. XD
But I think it's great for having a laugh when you're bored, artwork is awesome! I'd like to see your bro try to draw like that! =.= Manga is definite do!
I think it's great. it's a specialized type of writing and art. It's better than normal comics and i prefer it over comics anyhow.
I love manga. I'm currently reading Death Note. It's the strangest manga I've ever read, and that's because its the least strangest of any I've ever read.
Death Note is one of the best :)
I do on occasion. I think they are a little pricey IMO, but a fun time waster.
Do do do! Manga can be amazing art. The stories can have a point, and can touch on some crazy stuff, just depending on the witer and/or artist. It's no different that another book, or a cmoic, and to each his own, or her own so you have the freedom to read what you want to.
A def do! Manga's art work is genious. I always lok at it when I feel uninspired or am looking for something specific to draw. It's great!
Do!
However the girls in manga all seem to be pathetic, and mindless, and helpless and as a girl i find it difficult to read manga that portray girls in this way... apart from that I love it :D

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service