I was kinda curious as to what kinds of books (or whatever else, I suppose) you all have been reading. So..

What are you reading right now?
How are you liking it?
What are your thoughts?

I'm about two-thirds through Circle the Soul Softly, by Davida Wills Hurwin. It's the third book of hers that I've read in two days, and I'm really liking it (fairly obviously, I suppose). It's really interesting--it's about a pretty 'normal' girl (whatever that means) named Katie whose father died in the recent past; her mom just got remarried, and the whole family moved, and now Katie is uncovering memories of having been molested as a child, and she has to come to terms with her past and her father's memory.. it's kind of about figuring out who you are, and what makes people who they are, whether an action can define a person.. anyway it's really good. Highly recommended :)

So what words have you been taking in?

Tags: books, current, reading

Views: 4408

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am under the opinion that I was plenty alive before I read Paper Towns and that in reading it, I was in no way more alive.
I dunno, I think I was more AWARE of being alive after I'd read it.
I think I'm in the same boat as you with the Twilight Saga because I love them, but they've just gotten so huge I'm tired of it. Yet somehow... I still go *squee* when someone mentions them. XP
I'm reading the last of DJ MacHale's Pendragon books slooooooowwwly.
I'm also reading Walking in Circles Before Lying Down by Merrill Markoe.
I'm reading Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, if only because I have to read Northanger Abbey for a class and Austen parodies are so very appealing right now.
Well I'm supposed to be reading P.S. I Loathe You (long story...well the book isn't long but the reason I have to read it is) But I haven't gotten it yet, so I'm reading The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky. I'm just in the beginning, but it's so good so far!

It has these quirky, interesting characters in humorously tragic circumstances and a shocking amount of wit, especially for a 19th century Russian novel.

I have the kind of attention span that makes it difficult to keep my interest in just one book for the entire duration of the book, but I keep wanting to read it even though I'm technically not supposed to yet. I'm hoping I stay thins intrigued 900 pages later.
Currently, I'm reading "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies."It's pretty much awesome. I highly recommend it, hehehe.
Should I read Pride and Prejudice before I start Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, or will I like it just as much either way?
i would not know as i have not read the zombie one.
read P&P because it's good.
Im reading the harry potter series for the first time, i'm almost done with Half Bood Prince. of coarse, the books are all great
My current reading book is:
The Absoult true dairy of a part-time Indian
By: Sherman Alexie

It's a book about a boy named Jr. who lives on an indian reverzation, but goes to school in a local rick white school. Because he is picked on.

I find this book enjoyable because of all the silly jokes and personal connections.

It defianly has what you can call "Boy humor" Bathroom jokes and Masterbation refrences but not overwhelmingly so.

I think it's a great book.
Just today I finished dragging myself through Wuthering Heights. It was a pretty good book, plotwise and everything, but the characters...Most of them were selfish and silly and kind of unpleasant, it seemed. Glad to be finished with it.

Now I can focus all my reading efforts on Uglies.

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2015   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service