Nerdfighters

I was kinda curious as to what kinds of books (or whatever else, I suppose) you all have been reading. So..

What are you reading right now?
How are you liking it?
What are your thoughts?

I'm about two-thirds through Circle the Soul Softly, by Davida Wills Hurwin. It's the third book of hers that I've read in two days, and I'm really liking it (fairly obviously, I suppose). It's really interesting--it's about a pretty 'normal' girl (whatever that means) named Katie whose father died in the recent past; her mom just got remarried, and the whole family moved, and now Katie is uncovering memories of having been molested as a child, and she has to come to terms with her past and her father's memory.. it's kind of about figuring out who you are, and what makes people who they are, whether an action can define a person.. anyway it's really good. Highly recommended :)

So what words have you been taking in?

Tags: books, current, reading

Views: 3761

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm reading The Gypsy Morth, the last book in Terry Brooks Genesis of Shannara trilogy.
I'm roughly about 2/3rds through and I thing it is a really good, it explains the link between Terry Brooks Shannara series and the Word and the Void series
i am re reading jane eyre and loving it even more than the first time.
Good Omens (again), Catcher in the Rye, Les Mis, and Side Jobs (which is a collection of Dresden Files short stories)

Love GO and Side Jobs; haven't gotten far enough into either of the other two to be able to tell how much I enjoy them.
I simultaneously hate and love you.

...That is all.
Lololololol

Of course you do. ^_^
half way through Order of the Phoenix but I'm geing a lot of books for Christmas, like Paper Towns, An Abundance of Katherines, The Outsiders. :3
Now, also Changes.

I'm rereading the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, much better the second time around.. And The Bagombo Snuff Box by Kurt Vonnegut. Which is just a collection of his short stories. I immensely enjoy his short stories, well anything Vonnegut writes really. But I highly recommend it!
Right now I'm halfway through Inkheart, would have finished finished it sooner but my history class has tons of reading. Will get to the rest of the series (bought all 3 books). And will try to get to Tempest by Shakespeare before the holidays.
The English Patient by Michael Ondaatje and it's taking me FOREVER to get through. It's a good book, it's just very tedious and I want to move on to other things. Beautifully written though.

Im about 4 pages in Paper Towns now that I FINALLY got my library to stock it xD. I shall let you know what I think of it soon :D

I'm re reading harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I want to be reading will grayson, will grayson.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service