Nerdfighters

I was kinda curious as to what kinds of books (or whatever else, I suppose) you all have been reading. So..

What are you reading right now?
How are you liking it?
What are your thoughts?

I'm about two-thirds through Circle the Soul Softly, by Davida Wills Hurwin. It's the third book of hers that I've read in two days, and I'm really liking it (fairly obviously, I suppose). It's really interesting--it's about a pretty 'normal' girl (whatever that means) named Katie whose father died in the recent past; her mom just got remarried, and the whole family moved, and now Katie is uncovering memories of having been molested as a child, and she has to come to terms with her past and her father's memory.. it's kind of about figuring out who you are, and what makes people who they are, whether an action can define a person.. anyway it's really good. Highly recommended :)

So what words have you been taking in?

Tags: books, current, reading

Views: 3567

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yes I do love how fast paced they are, and also I take back what I said about it not being as good as the previous ones cause after I finished it I couldn't stop screaming OH MY GOD!

DFTBA

I am reading too many things at once. I suppose I'll put in that I'm reading Soul by Soul right now however, a book about the South's Antebellum slave trade. I'm reading it for an American history class, and it's not as good as the last one we read. I'm two chapters in and it's not that great so far. I'm ready to get back to fiction. I bought Camus's The Plague so I intend to start that soon!

I'm reading A Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys at the moment, and it's really excellent - it's essentially the story of Bertha Mason from Jane Eyre, which is pretty much one of my all-time favourite books. Oh, and I'm also re-reading the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins, sort of in celebration of the film's release next week

I'm currently reading Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy be John le Carre after a long period of not reading at all. Now that the puff levels are down though I started up again, and let me say, this book is probably not the best one to use to get back into reading.

I'm reading The Golden Compass right now, for the second or third time.  The first time I read it, I got nightmares (I was too young to have read it, really) but since then I've enjoyed it thoroughly.  I'm also reading Soul Music by Terry Pratchett and I am soon going to start reading Inkdeath, as soon as I can get my friend to remember to let me borrow it.  :)

I'm reading The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner. One of those brilliantly confusing ones.

I haven't, but I'd enjoy a recommendation!

I am reading TFIOS for the millionth time.  I love it, as always.  I cant help but cry when Augustus dies.     

Don't do spoilers :(

As of now, I am reading the 1,000 page giant World Without End, the companion to Ken Follett's amazing novel Pillars of the Earth. It can be quite tedious because building (masonry and carpentry) are major aspects of the story, and there are points where I wish I didn't have to read a page-long description of one section of a cathedral or the way a wooden bridge stays together or falls apart. But, since I got through Pillars okay, I think I can get through World Without End easily enough. It'll just take me a few months. ;)

Ariel by Sylvia Plath.

I love me some Plath. I appreciate that it's the original arrangement. Ted Hughes was kind of a (insert choice insult here), so I like that it has less of his input.

Currently reading a nonfiction titled Sun Stand Still but after this I plan to continue reading Narnia because I stopped in the middle of the third book!

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service