Nerdfighters

I was kinda curious as to what kinds of books (or whatever else, I suppose) you all have been reading. So..

What are you reading right now?
How are you liking it?
What are your thoughts?

I'm about two-thirds through Circle the Soul Softly, by Davida Wills Hurwin. It's the third book of hers that I've read in two days, and I'm really liking it (fairly obviously, I suppose). It's really interesting--it's about a pretty 'normal' girl (whatever that means) named Katie whose father died in the recent past; her mom just got remarried, and the whole family moved, and now Katie is uncovering memories of having been molested as a child, and she has to come to terms with her past and her father's memory.. it's kind of about figuring out who you are, and what makes people who they are, whether an action can define a person.. anyway it's really good. Highly recommended :)

So what words have you been taking in?

Tags: books, current, reading

Views: 3206

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love Middlesex! I took it with me when I went to Japan, and I had to keep ignoring my friends to read it, which didn't really work. I ended up finishing it on the plane ride home...
I try to read several at a time but currently just The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand and All The Kings Men by Robert Penn Warren. Oddly enough both were written about the same time and are about 700 pages long but differ drastically in enjoyment factor.
About halfway through The Magician. Definitely isn't the best I've read, but it's something new.
But I have been wanting to read the 6th Harry Potter book, in honor of the movie coming up. XP
My sister's keeper! It is a great book.
Classic The Transformers More Than Meets The Eye Volume 3

Or at least I think thats what it's called because of "creative" title design I'm not sure but it's good whatever it's called and it's fun to see the mistakes the artists made in the old pulp comics days when drawing and coloring because the standards were so low back then.
Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
I like it a lot
It's funny and I just love Vonnegut
What are you reading right now?
I am reading Eclipse (the 3rd book in the Twilight series) and I have about 100 pages left.

How are you liking it?
It is really boring actually and I am sort of stuck.

What are your thoughts?
If you aren't interested in romance you should not read that book because that's what it's mainly about but I guess most of you know that already. I won't recommend it.
I am reading The Man Who Was Thursday by GK Chesterton
I am only like 30 pages in
totally love it
sentence structure.......drool....soooo goooood
I love GK
he's my favourite
I think all fond of logic, silliness, a wicked plot, and spectacular sentences should give this one a go
I'm reading Possession by A.S.Byatt.
It's very well written, but extremely slow to start with. However, now that I've ploughed through the first 80 or so pages, it certainly is picking itself up. Apparently it's REALLY good.
Right now I'm slogging through "Ethan Frome" which I think is terribly dry (no offense to anyone who might like this book). It's one of the books I am required to read this summer for my honors english class.
For fun, I'm re-reading "The Gospel According to Larry". Awesome book. Highly recommended.
Even though I haven't finished "The Book Thief", I bought "Pretties" and "The Hunger Games" today. I started "Pretties" and am so far very excited about it. I read "Uglies" ages ago so I'm happy to be reading Scott Westerfeld again. With "Uglies" I was never really drawn in, or so I thought. Something about it though makes me want to read the rest of the series. I love Scott's style of writing.
The Hunger Games is sensational!

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service