Nerdfighters

Yes, the title pretty much speaks for itself but,

Being the Nerds we are, I believe we have all been obsessed with an amount of books, Harry potter, Twilight, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and the list could go on for AGES.

My question is obviously 'Which book was the first book you fell completely in love with?'

My first bookcrush was Stravaganza (the whole serie) by Mary Hoffman.
It's about normal people that travel through time and space at night when they go to sleep to... Kind'f an another dimensions Italy centuries ago, called Talia ^^)

I think I read it first at the age of.. 11, 12 maybe?

Now I wanna hear yours! Go ahead! ^^D

Tags: First, book, obsessed

Views: 2721

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Cirque Du Freak series, I was probably 11 or 12 when I read those, and I read those super fast!

The Tiger Rising by Kate DiCamillo.

I read it in 5th grade I think and I've read it 5-7x since then. I feel like it had so much meaning in it without really trying. I think thats how books are supposed to feel sometimes though.

First book I ever fell in love with? Hmmm... I think Mr. Popper's Penguins. I read it in the 4th grade and thought it was the best piece of literature on the planet. I've read many other books since then but Mr. Popper's Penguins is still up there on my favorites list. Love it! <3 DFTBA

I think the first book I became obsessed with in that I spent all my time indulging in the fandom afterwards was Bridge to Terabithia, which I had to read for school in sixth grade (it was around the time the movie came out, and we took a field trip to see it and then had to write a compare-and-contrast essay for English). Most of my classmates hated it, but I thought it was sweet, happy, and beautiful.

I stayed obsessed with it through the end of sixth grade and into the first few moths of seventh grade, when I read The Outsiders and became obsessed with that until the end of eighth grade. In freshman and sophomore year, I kind of stopped reading, but then over the summer I discovered The Vlogbrothers, and ultimately Looking For Alaska. I stayed riled up about it for a couple of months, but having just finished Paper Towns, I've been pretty obsessed with that as well. It's hard to decide which of the two is my favorite. :)

Anyway, to answer the question, the first book I ever fell in love with was Bridge to Terabithia.

My first ever book obsession was definitely the Harry Potter series. Before that, I mostly read Magic Tree House books, but I was never really obsessed with them.

I totally loved The Sideways Stories of Wayside School. I refuse to get rid of them, even to this day. They were so quirky.

However, nothing will ever meet my absolute obsession of Harry Potter. I pretty much had Harry Potter everything!

I was obsessed with the Black Stallion series. I still have the books and the movies.

The first books I can remember being in love with were the series of unforunate events by lemony snicket. I still read over them now, they are so brilliant!

My fist book obsession was with Pride and Prejudice, I remember that I loved it and I just wanted to read more novels like that! so I became obsessed with Jane Austen's books and then it was Harry Potter, Anne Rice's books and a lot more, but Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen was my first love. :)

Ella Enchanted. Ah, good memories. Actually ruined the first one because I read it so much and bought a second book... that one is also worn but loved.

Peter Pan/Peter and Wendy. Fell in love with the Mary Martin stage version on video at age two. By age 4 I'd taught myself to read well enough that I read the original book, and loved it even more. By age 7 I wrote a 9 page essay on the differences between the books and various movie adaptations, and how none of the movies come close to capturing what the book was trying to say....

I got obsessed with three series. the two obvious ones, harry potter and nancy drew, but the third was a series called hermux tantamoq. i loved those books.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service