Nerdfighters

Yes, the title pretty much speaks for itself but,

Being the Nerds we are, I believe we have all been obsessed with an amount of books, Harry potter, Twilight, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and the list could go on for AGES.

My question is obviously 'Which book was the first book you fell completely in love with?'

My first bookcrush was Stravaganza (the whole serie) by Mary Hoffman.
It's about normal people that travel through time and space at night when they go to sleep to... Kind'f an another dimensions Italy centuries ago, called Talia ^^)

I think I read it first at the age of.. 11, 12 maybe?

Now I wanna hear yours! Go ahead! ^^D

Tags: First, book, obsessed

Views: 2527

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lord of the rings first, but none of my friends were reading it. Then Harry potter when I was ten ;D
Lord of the rings first, but none of my friends were reading it. Then Harry potter when I was ten ;D

My first major, major obsession was Harry Potter, actually. I got the book for my sixth birthday, read it faster than anything I'd ever read before, then watched the movie in theaters about two weeks later. The next year, I dressed up as Hermione Granger for the first (but most definitely not the last!) time, and had a Harry Potter themed birthday party, thus solidifying my move into the world of nerdity.

Before that... I really liked the Magic Treehouse series in kindergarten. I wouldn't call it an "obsession," though.

I was never really much of a reader.  There was one book, though, I remember reading in middle school when I was home sick for a couple days.  It was the first and last time I had ever started and finished a (multi-hundred page) book in less than three days.  It was called The Transall Saga (I think).  I don't even remember who it was by.  It just thrust me into a new world using a plot device I had not read before.  It contained useful survival knowledge and melee combat basics.  It had a slowly unfolding mystery while maintaining action to keep the story moving swiftly along.  And this isn't the tiresome, specific action that would cut every Salvatore book in half if it were removed (nothing against Salvatore, I have a special place in my heart for his books, but...)

I really want to get ahold of this book soon and read through it again to see how much I remember and how much my comprehension has changed since then.

First books I was obsessed with were the Babysitter's Club books when I was five. I still read them on a regular basis.

Same here! I actually came on this thread to write that, haha. I was completely convinced that as soon as I turned 13 I was going to start my own business just like them and become rich off it....  didn't exactly work out for me. (:

Yep! I went through a training course, made flyers, and everything, and then realized that all the kids in my neighbourhood were older than me. I only ever babysat four or five times, not exactly anything like the illustrious career I had planned out.

I would say my book would be American Prometheus. I haven't finished reading it so that I can spread it out over a long duration of time.

The first was Z is for Zombie. It's a little kid book, I read it in first grade, about 80 times. I absolutes loved it. That obsession turned into a Twilight Saga obsession. Then a John Green obsession (which will never die) and that took me to my Potter obsession (still going on) and then my HG addiction (Still happening) So, there have been a lot. My current obsession is VARIANT by Robison Wells. I will die if I don't get FEEDBACK as soon as it comes out.

I think for me it was Magyk, it was this wizard book that I read when I was about ten. That book was awesome.

Mine was the whole Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series. I got pretty obsessed with it especially since I had three close girl friends too and we kind of resembled the personalities of the 4 main characters in the book!=)

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service