Nerdfighters

Other than John Green (obviously) and Secret Sister Maureen Johnson, which authors/ books are worthy of nerdfighter praise? I am looking for some new books to read!

Tags: authors, books

Views: 183

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tithe, Valiant by Holly Black <-AMAZING!
It's a modern Fairie Tale. Super intense and surprizingly dark for a Fairie Tale.

Storm Thief by Chris Wooding
Sci-fi and amazing.
Its great! theres a trilogy with that character and then an extra with a different one.
Pretty much anything by Lois Lowry. She's a really good author. I read her books in middle school but I still read them for fun if I have nothing else.
charlie bone!
Emily Rodda. The Deltora series are short book, but there's a lot of them. They're pretty good. Of course Jim Butcher with the Dresden Files are excellent as well.
Oh I love the Dresden files. Deltora is a good idea too
Just finished The Story of B, its like the anti-Atlas Shrugged. Check it out.
Hilary Frank, I Can't Tell You and Better than Running at Night. The former features a college-age guy who has a falling-out with his friend and stops talking, communicates with notes. But that means he can't tell his friend that he's falling for her. He also has an awesome sense of humor (for example: hears an ad on the radio for a drawing for a bike and thinks, 'What would it do with it? Hang it in its spokes?'). The latter is also about college, but this time it's a girl in art school. She ponders about the importance of sex and the meaning of art.
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer
Anne from greengables

And some argentinean books :S I post the names just in case someone can get them
Malas palabras by Mex Urtizbereaga (GREAT!)
Aerosmith es una mierda by Eduardo de La Puente
Yeah Jane Eyre is fantastic.
Twilight.
Harry Potter.
^^^ Givens ^^^

The Bell Jar.
Beloved.
Uglies.
All the books by Jostein Gaarder

The Shamer Quartet by Lene Kaaberboel
http://www.kaaberboel.dk/uk-the-shamer-quartet.htm

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service