Nerdfighters

Alright, here it goes: I'm 19-year-old girl who's never been kissed. I'm in college right now. I just turned 19 today and it's got me thinking... is this weird? Being a nerd, I wasn't exactly popular back in high school either. But now, in college, it's just that I've heard friends who talk about partying and clubbing. I'm not into that stuff, but I guess I'm just frustrated that all my friends have had relationships and gone out on dates and I...well, I haven't. 

Is this odd? I don't really know who else to ask (kind of too embarrassed to ask my friends about this because they all say to just find someone and get it over with with anyone). I don't think that's what I really want...so advice?

Tags: been, college, kissed, never

Views: 1732

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very well said.

Hi! I'm really, really sorry for the late reply. It would seem that I somehow made it so that my email wouldn't get notified if anyone replied. I actually thought no one did and was depressed for a bit. BUT YAY! Woah, there's actually a lot of replies. Uh, I'm commenting as I read though the comments. 

Thanks for the advice! It's just nice to know I'M NOT ALONE IN THIS? Oh, and thank you for the birthday wish! :D

I'm a 18 year old guy who's never been kissed. I'm in college right now.  Being a nerd, I wasn't exactly popular back in high school either. But now, in college, it's just that I've heard friends who talk about partying and clubbing. I'm not into that stuff, but I guess I'm just frustrated that all my friends have had relationships and gone out on dates and I...well, I haven't.   Sound familliar?  You're not alone. Just keep a positive attitude and Dftba.

Thank you! DFTBA to you as well! 

I turned 19 back in August and I've never kissed anyone. Most of the time its fine by me and when its not I just listen to some depressing music and sulk in my misery. Being with someone is overrated though, when you're alone you can laze around and eat all the buckets of hot fudge and ice cream you want without anybody bitching at you for being gross. 

Now if only I could afford ice cream.

*BUYS ALL THE VIRTUAL ICE CREAM*

Fear not my friend, for it WILL happen. I was a senior in college before I got my first kiss or my first boyfriend. I wasn't the most popular kid either. The best thing I can suggest is what I have done recently, focus on yourself and taking care of you and working toward your dreams. When you stop looking, someone good will find you.

Overall, don't worry. You are not odd at all. I hate how society seems to have these rules that you need to hit certain relationship milestones at certain periods in your life. That is utter crap. We each develop at different rates and not all of us are ready for the same things at the same times. Some of us (me included) had experiences that delayed that relational development. For others, the process was accelerated. You are NOT odd. Just enjoy life and that kiss will come.

Thank you, my friend! Yeah, I don't like people assume we've all been there and back by now. I do like going at my own pace. Thank you for the advice! You are very kind and again, I thank you for taking the time to reply to my question. I shall work hard for my dreams and here's hoping I'll find someone along the way. :)

I'll be honest...I had my first kiss at 14. And it really wasn't that great, and I really, really regret it. I wasn't even planning on kissing the guy I was with, but he did it before I could say anything, and just like that, my first kiss was gone. We "dated" for two weeks before I broke up with him, and even today, I still wish he hadn't kissed me, because chances are, I would still have my first kiss and could share it with someone who actually meant something to me. Just wait until the right person comes along, the person that you can smile about and proudly say you had your first kiss with when you're 80 years old and your grandchildren ask you that question.

Ha ha ha. Thank you! I think I'll wait and hope it'll mean something when the time comes. Thank you for sharing your story with me! I really do appreciate it. 

@ Cassy Lynn My boyfriend when I was 15 tried to kiss me and I put my hand over his face hahaha. I was like hell no I'm not kissing you.

But yeah as with everyone else don't feel too bad about it. I know it's kinda inevitable to feel bad about it cause at some point you start thinking WHY DOES NO ONE LOVE ME AAHHHH but seriously you'll find someone you care about enough to be intimate with. And don't get too caught up on the whole dating scene cause it kinda sucks until you find someone you really like (who also really likes you back). You could always think about Taylor Swift when it starts getting you down cause she's famous and pretty but still hasn't gotten a man lol. Having trouble with dating does not discriminate. :)

I shall think of Taylor Swift then every time I am down then! Great idea. Would have never thought of it. Ha ha ha. Thank you for your kind words! 

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service