Nerdfighters

Last year I participated in a 50 book challenge and I fell a little short of the mark, but only cuz I started about 3 months into the year (ahem, yeah right). Several fellow nerdfighters wanted to join me in my quest, so here we are!

Start a thread with your personal goal for 2.0.0.9, and then add on as you read throughout the year. This way we get to see what everyone else is reading & keep each other in check. Feel free to add me as a friend, or you might get a friends request from me--so we keep each other in line!

Good Luck,
Allison :-)

P.S. YES, there will be a 50 Book Challenge 2.0.1.0!!

Added Note: Here's my list of what I have read so far for this year's challenge! http://nerdfighters.ning.com/profiles/blogs/my-50-book-challenge-fo...

Tags: 2009, 50bookchallenge, 50bookchallengefor2.0.0.9

Views: 207

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

1. Freaky Green Eyes.
2. FanBoy and GothGirl
3. Thirteen Little Blue Envelopes
4. Looking for Alaska
5. An Abundance of Katherines
6. M is for Magic
7. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time.
8. The Medicine Way.
That's what I've read this week.
I will post weekly to keep updates regular.
Jesus. Is all you do read? That's a lot of books in one week!
easy peasy! by the way i just joined this like...today so...Hi! haha.

1) Duchessina by Carolyn Meyer
2) Rumors by Anna Godbersen
3) The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory
4)Envy by Anna Godbersen

I've just realized that everything I've read so far this year has been historical fiction. That's totally accidental but really, really funny. Right now I'm reading "Almost Alice" by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor, and then we'll see what comes up next. looks like I'm making good progress though, right? Somebody bust me out of this historical fiction phase! haha. :-)
make that 5! I just finished Almost Alice by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor. it's part of the Alice series i've been reading since I was like, eleven and even though I'm 18 and a half and in the series right now Alice is only about 16 or 17, I'm still stuck on these books for the fact that I want to know what happens to the kid, and PRN has written into these books probably every painfully embarrassing thing that could happen to a teenage girl...and it makes me feel less idiotic when i do stupid stuff because Alice has done it too. :-P
Um. I've already read 50 books this year. probably more
I would be if I was counting re-reads, but I haven't been so I'm only up to 34...
I think I've only done...2 rereads this year. No. 3
nice. I wanted to re-read Vampire Diaries before the new one came out and then I re-read the Nightworld series (same author), and then I re-read Girl at Sea, Just Listen (twice), This Lullaby, The Truth about Forever, Let it Snow, The Witch of Blackbird Pond, The Host, Old Magic-and now I'm re-reading some Animorphs and Goosebumps books. and I think I re-read Twilight somewhere in there...
I don't know...sometimes I go off on a re-reading tangent...lol.
*Joining*
Okay so far this year I've read:
1. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them By:Newt Scamander ( J.K. Rowling)
2. The Princess Diaries Vol 5: Princess in Pink By: Meg Cabot
3. Gossip Girl #2 : You Know You Love Me By: Cecily Von Ziegesar
4. Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl By: Harriet Ann Jacobs
5. New Moon By: Stephenie Meyer
6. Peeled By: Joan Bauer
7. Jinx By: Meg Cabot
8. An Abundance of Katherines By: John Green
9. Coraline By: Neil Gaiman

41 left :) I'm currently reading Uglies By: Scott Westerfeld and The Velveteen Principles for Women By: Toni Raiten-D'Antonio. I am counting rereads that I havent' read this year. Ex: I'm going to reread the HP series, but I wouldn't reread Jinx b/c it's already on the list and can't be counted.
Do Comic Books/ Magna/ Graphic Novels count?
ahh I started reading the Uglies series for this too, so good right? (I'm on Specials)
Yea! Those books suck you in. I'm going to be starting the next one soon, Pretties right?
1. Freaky Green Eyes.
2. FanBoy and GothGirl
3. Thirteen Little Blue Envelopes
4. Looking for Alaska
5. An Abundance of Katherines
6. M is for Magic
7. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time.
8. The Medicine Way.
9. Beast
10. PAPER TOWNS
11. The Savage Damsel and The Dwarf
12. Larklight
13. The Witching Hour
So... I read 5 more. I NEED MOAR BOOKZ PLZKTHKBAI.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service