Nerdfighters

Here is the game: Grab the book nearest you.
Right now.
Turn to page 23
Find the fifth sentence.
Post that sentence and, if you wish, the title.
Do not dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST BOOK..................
I think we could get some very interesting results! : )

Tags: book, game, random, sentence

Views: 380

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"She had to have heard about what happened the previous May."

-Just Listen by Sarah Dessen

"And I would have too- except for the fact that I totally choked and he got away."

-Shadowland by Alyson Noel. I literally just finished this book yesterday.

"These are modern humans with modern human minds, just like our own."

From A History of the World in 100 Objects

The closest book to me was a Norwegian copy of The Lord of the Rings :

"Disse siste egenskapene ble nå imidlertid snarere tolerert (hos rike) enn allment billiget."

Translation:  "The latter qualities, however, were now rather tolerated (in the rich) than generally approved."

"In 2009, Slam featured in the "Heart of Hush" story arc (Detective Comics #846-850)."

DC Comics: Year by Year a Visual Chronicle

So the nearest book to my hand (there was one nearer to my foot, but that took more effort to grab) gave me this sentence:

Your silence clamors in my ears.

It was from a play, though, and I skipped the stage directions. Otherwise, the sentence would have been: "Suddenly Inez swings round on him."

Woooohooo, Dutch book!

Dutch: Je moet het zelf weten.

English Translation- Not literally: It's your choice.

"  " - Literally: You have to know it yourself.

The book is called 'De Bende van de bokkerijders'.

Assuming my sketchbook doesn't count because there are... like... no words in it... XD

"There is a reason that all things are as they are, and did you see with my eyes and know with my knowledge, you would perhaps better understand." Dracula. Which reminds me, I really need to like. Finish it.

He wanted to concentrate fully on that instant when the sublingual tablet phase-shifted from being to not being.

Spook Country

-William Gibson

"We have been Resurrected for the Day of Judgement." 

From the book Mogworld by Yahtzee Croshaw

"the structure of the brain and all other parts of the body."- The Descent of Man by, of course, Charles Darwin. I LOVE the theory of evolution. I feel like such a nerd right now :-B

There was no refusing, however inconvenient it might have seemed to fight a war with Meissen porcelain under one arm.

Atonement - Ian McEwan

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service