Nerdfighters

Here is the game: Grab the book nearest you.
Right now.
Turn to page 23
Find the fifth sentence.
Post that sentence and, if you wish, the title.
Do not dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST BOOK..................
I think we could get some very interesting results! : )

Tags: book, game, random, sentence

Views: 374

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"British and Hessian officers often lved in fear of American riflemen." FromWashington's Crossing, by David Hackett Fischer.

"And you off buying stolen cauldrons!"

-Harry Potter 5

'His aunt and uncle hadn't been able to think of anything else to do with him, but before they'd left, Uncle Vernon had take aside.'
From Harry Potter and the Philsopher's Stone, which I just finished for the 60 billionth time, I love that book :D

"Is the quality of your life harmed by not recognizing on sight something like the rondeau?"

-How to Read Literature Like a Professor by Thomas C. Foster

"My turn," Jason said.

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

She sat on the stool, her arms crossed.

"Hold you the watch tonight?"

Hamlet

"Some people would like to know whence the poet whose philosophy is in these days deemed as profound and trustworthy as his song is breezy and pure, gets his authority for speaking of 'Nature's holy plan.'"

Tess of the D'urbervilles, Thomas Hardy

Witch and wizard- James Patterson.

"this was really getting out of hand"

Not very impressive, but it was the closest book.

"He spoke precise English touched by a British accent."

-Black Order by James Rollins

"'But if a woman is partial to a man, and does not endeavor to conceal it, he must find it out.'"

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

Read it twice. Going on my third time. 

"The evolution of Massachusetts' government was somewhat different; the fact that the charter was brought with settlers insured that events in America would be the determining factors."  from Out of Our Past by Carl N. Degler.

I suppose that's what I get for procrastinating on my history homework...the most boring sentence here.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service