It seems to me that even though we have theses groups for lonely nerdfighters, no one is falling in nerdfighterlike. So I've decided to start a new and short quiz! It's for the people that are truly looking for some nerdy love and are willing to do anything to get it.
4) Your interests?
5) What type of nerd are you looking for?
6) Willing to do long distance?
7) What age range are you looking in?
8) What makes you smile?
9) What gets on you nerves?
10) Skype or MSN?
11) Anything else you want to add?
12) How much do you really want to fall in nerdfighterlike? (new question)
Good luck! :)
(Oh, I know my account is new but I've been here for ever. My old account got deleted)
1. Name? Mariana
2. Age? 16
3. Country? United States
4. Your interests? Well I really like Harry Potter, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, *erm* reading, music, writing, drawing, photo editing.
5. What type of nerd are you looking for? Someone who has some same interests as I do and accepts how awkward I am.
6. Willing to do long distance? Yes, yes I am.
7. What age range are you looking in? From 15 to 18.
8. What makes you smile? Anything really... Corny jokes, when I see someone else's smile, adorable moments in books or movies.
9. What gets on your nerves? When a person uses "your" instead of "you're", when a person doesn't add an apostrophe, bad grammar, really. And when someone finds a big word and thinks it fits in any sentence.
10. Skype or MSN? I don't have either one... But I'm willing to get skype^-^
11. Anything else you want to add? Not... really. I'm all for making friends through this too though:)
12. How much do you really want to fall in nerdfighterlike? I'd like it a bunch. Just being able to finally talk to someone with the same interests as me seeing as though my school is all about Lil Boosie and/or Justin Bieber and stuff.o.e
1) Name? Emily, but call me Emi.
2) Age? 17
3) Country? America
4) Your interests? Reading, writing, acting, debate, current events (Model UN, anyone?) and of course, baking and Doctor Who. Doctor Who themed baking? Yes.
5) What type of nerd are you looking for? Well, a nice one. Of course. I'm not looking for some desperately romantic love story, trust me. I've dated a guy like that. Not fun. I'm looking more for a really good friendship. I don't have many nerdfighter friends outside of the internet (I despise the term "in real life." What is this then, fake life?) I'm one of those old-fashioned people who believes dating includes like, dates. Thus, I'm not really here looking for a romantic partner.
6) Willing to do long distance? That's what the internet is for, right?
7) What age range are you looking in? Someone around my own, preferably. Two years above at the most, one below.
8) What makes you smile? Pictures of cats in cups. More seriously though, just honestly funny people doing honestly funny things that they honestly love. Also literature jokes.
9) What gets on you nerves? People who think reading is pointless or complain about English classes. Seriously. Stop doing that.
10) Skype or MSN? I have a Skype, but I probably wouldn't skype anyone until I knew them pretty well on here. I'm just weird that way.
11) Anything else you want to add? Um, I'm a Roman Catholic and a conservative (No wait, don't run! Read the rest!) and my political and religious beliefs do play into my life a lot. I have loads of friends who's beliefs aren't the same as mine, and I'm cool with that. (I'm even friends with, dare I say it... gay people.) But if you're going to explode into a giant squid of anger every time politics are mentioned, perhaps you should look elsewhere.
12) How much do you really want to fall in nerdfighterlike? (new question) I would love to fall in Nerdfighterlike! But I think Nerdfighterlike starts with a really good friendship, so that's what I'm looking for at the moment. No use jumping into the water without checking what's down there first, eh?
1) Name? Kimberly Lee Pannell (Kitty, Katze, Kitten)
2) Age? 17, about to turn 18 in August.
3) Country? U.S.A (KY)
4) Your interests? Everything, everything is interesting because you always have new things to learn.
5) What type of nerd are you looking for? hmm.. A fun one! someone who talks quite a bit, which is un-believably hard to find... o.o
6) Willing to do long distance? Sure ^^;
7) What age range are you looking in? well, I dont want someone that's 40 XD uhm... 17-21?
8) What makes you smile? other people laughing. Kittens. People yelling at video games.
9) What gets on you nerves? People who lie, and cheat, or just leave without giving a reason.
10) Skype or MSN? Skype : kimberly.pannell3
11) Anything else you want to add? I. LIKE. CHOCOLATE (I'm writing this at 2:11 am on a sugar high, while listening to happy music)
12) How much do you really want to fall in nerdfighterlike? (new question) ... I don't really know, I've trusted other people and gotten hurt so many times, I think I want someone I can slowly get close too and then be happy being close to, not having to worry about being hurt any more ^^;
So yeah, that's me, In short :3
1) Name? Trixie Juteau
2) Age? 17
3) Country? Philippines but soon to be moving to Orlando, Florida (Le American Dream). So watch out! ;D
4) Your interests? Anything Science, Humor, Snoopy, TBBT, TVD, Facts and Trivias, Photoshop, Designing, Artist, Taking pictures, Reading books, and a lot more! :D
5) What type of nerd are you looking for? Any kind of nerd.. nerds are awesome so anyone is qualified. I find 'intelligence/knowledge seeker' a very attractive trait. I want a guy who I can have a great conversation with, someone who has depth in his personality. Waay more sexier than good looks. ;)
6) Willing to do long distance? Yes. Why not, coconut~ :)
7) What age range are you looking in? 18-21
8) What makes you smile? Awesome nerds, witty people, Cute kids, happy family, party, Classes! :))
9) What gets on you nerves? The action potentials.. lol joke. :D Them negative people!
10) Skype or MSN? SKYPE
11) Anything else you want to add? I'm a bubbly girl who like to laugh and joke around, knowledge seeker. :D
12) How much do you really want to fall in nerdfighterlike? As much as how many times I think about it in a day.. which is a lot. :) Nerds are perfectly awesome for me.:)
1) Name: Michayla Keyes
2) Age: 17
3) Country: Canada
4) Your interests: Merlin, Tea, Collecting VHS movies, Art, Baking, Manga.
5) What type of nerd are you looking for: Someone who loved movie marathons and can put up with my horrible memory.
6) Willing to do long distance: Yes~
7) What age range are you looking in 16 - 19
8) What makes you smile: Lame jokes, Cute things and Little surprises
9) What gets on you nerves: Correcting everything I type wrong (I am the Typo queen) and people who make fun of me >:T
10) Skype or MSN: Skype
11) Anything else you want to add: I do tend to get off path when I talk and get over excited.
12) How much do you really want to fall in nerdfighterlike: A lot, it would be amazing to find someone who can understand my fandoms and quirks.
1) Name? Nicki
2) Age? 23 - am I like the oldest person in this group?
3) Country? USA
4) Your interests? Writing, photography, adventuring, travelling, improvisational comedy and theatre. And video games. And wandering aimlessly until I find interesting things.
5) What type of nerd are you looking for? Bookish maybe, or musical, someone who loves to chat, and is interested in seeing the world. Mostly I'm just looking for that guy who can be my best friend, the guy I can play video games with and joke around with, that I also just so happen to love.
6) Willing to do long distance? Yes.
7) What age range are you looking in? 20-26
8) What makes you smile? Almost everything, I'm an all around happy person. But I especially love musical theatre, indie bookstores, corgi puppies, and guys who can rock a pair of glasses. This nerd girl thinks there's nothing sexier than a guy in a good pair of glasses.
9) What gets on you nerves? Intolerance. Fox News. When people use my Firebolt to sweep the floor. People who are angry and irritable despite having little to no reason to be. Oh and smoking (I only mention this because I'm incredibly allergic to tobacco and so that's sort of a stipulation on my relationships... Also it's just sort of a gross habit.)
10) Skype or MSN? Both, although I'm only just learning how to Skype
11) Anything else you want to add? I am a friendly and funny person. I am the sort of girl who would totally go with the Doctor if he offered, and want to experience as much as I can. My idea of a perfect relationship is two people who don't have to be overly romantic, but are simply content to be together doing whatever. (Rather like Hank and the Katherine's relationship, really).
12) How much do you really want to fall in nerdfighterlike? Just slightly more than midway. I would really like to, but if it doesn't happen I won't be devastated. But it's worth a shot!
1) Name? Grant
2) Age? 26. I think that's the oldest I've seen. I feel very old all of a sudden.
3) Country? USA
4) Your interests? Computers, Japanese, video games, space exploration (real and imagined), fantasy
5) What type of nerd are you looking for? Any kind of nerd is a good nerd. I'm looking for somebody who is intelligent. I'm looking somebody who I can have interesting conversations with and who can show me things I haven't thought of or share new viewpoints. I'm looking for somebody who I can share experiences with.
6) Willing to do long distance? Yes.
7) What age range are you looking in? 22-30
8) What makes you smile? Seeing a friend. New ideas. Kittens. Clever computer code. Puns. A new game. Finishing a long project. Fresh-baked cookies.
9) What gets on you nerves? Cheating, exploitation, and manipulation.
10) Skype or MSN? Skype
11) Anything else you want to add? I'm a bit shy. That said, I think it can be fun to meet new people. If you're browsing through here and have read this far but are not looking to fall in nerdfigherlike, I think making friends is great too.
12) How much do you really want to fall in nerdfighterlike? Falling in nerdfigherlike appeals to me, but a nerdfighter friend would be awesome too. So…I guess I'd really like to make a good friend, and if it happens to develop into nerdfigherlike that's OK too. :)
Good to know I'm not the only old person on here, I was starting to feel a bit weird posting my ad in among a bunch of fourteen year olds...
Also I love your answer to the last question, that's really great and that's sort of how I feel about it all too :) I'll be a nerdfighter friend if you like.
It's so weird being one of the oldest people around. I'm used to being one of the youngest.
I'd like to be a nerdfighter friend very much!
We should chat sometime.
Agreed! Although I'm from Utah so I reckon I should be used to being the old maid of the crew. All of my friends from high school are already married and most have kids :S Utah is such a weird place lol
We should definitely chat sometime :)
I have some friends who are married and have kids, too. It looks like the median marriage age is about 3 years younger in Utah than in Minnesota, though.
I tried sending you an IM here, but it looks like you went offline. I'll try to catch you online some other time. :)
Ha, yeah around here people generally get married at about 19-20, so I've missed the curve by a couple years but that's all right with me. As much as I like the idea of someone to share this adventure of life with, I'm not quite ready for the domestic lifestyle that all my friends have just yet.
Yeah, sorry, I've been popping on and off the site all day because I'm actually supposed to be working on my term project (finals week, ugh!) So I just jump on here to take a bit of a break and then it's back to the grind.