Nerdfighters

I believe in an eye for an eye.
But I really just want to know what you think.
So
An Eye For An Eye
Or
The Golden Rule?

Views: 171

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have to agree with Tova on the whole eye for an eye just being about revenge and laws should be above that. I think people can and should be better than, "Hey, here's a high five to the face" and the response being, "Hey, right back at'cha."

Just a real world example, last week it was reported that a judge in Saudi Arabia asked hospitals if it would be possible to damage a man's spine as punishment. The man in question attacked another man and paralyzed him, so they are investigating the eye for an eye method and checking if they can paralyze him too. I just can't get behind that sort of thing.

Here's the link to the story.
I personally go with the Golden Rule. I rarely ever seek revenge because I honestly don't see the point. I usually don't get mad either so that probably also has something to do with it. There is no use in wasting precious time of my life on hating other people or trying to get back at someone. I just try to be happy and be nice to everyone because I know how it feels to be the lowest of the low. Why would I ever wish that upon anyone else? Also, I try to see where the other person is coming from. People are rarely mean just to be mean. Maybe they were having a bad day or something else happened. Idk. I like to give the benefit of the doubt. Wow that was a long ramble. Just be nice! And hopefully people will be nice in return! :]
The Golden Rule is a very nice concept, and in the perfect world it would work beautifully. I do my best to abide by it, but alas, the world is not perfect. There are times when I think it is completely acceptible to get back at sombody who wronged you, if for no other reason then to prevent them from wronging you again. However, this can only be done if that person fully intended to wrong you. If not, the whole world will truely go blind.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service