Nerdfighters

Is Britain saying that aspergers makes you incompetent? This guy is a systems administrator. That sounds pretty competent to me. What gives? He should at least stand trial for his crimes.

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Aspergers is not an illness! It just means that your mind works differently from what is considered normal. People with aspergers are not stupid, or challenged, or incompetent. In fact, I, and most others I've met, are more competent than most others our age. I really wish people would stop acting like it causes stupidity, or suicide, or the inability to tell between right and wrong. That man should be tried just the same as any other person.

Aspergers is not an illness! It just means that your mind works differently from what is considered normal. People with aspergers are not stupid, or challenged, or incompetent.

In some cases (but far from all), Aspergers can cause extreme social dysfunction. In the case of McKinnon, several high ranking British medical experts have come to the conclusion that extradition and the system in the US would result in the high liklyhood that he would commit suicide, and since the UK doesn't extradite people to a situation where they would most likely die, that is why in this situation he is not being sent to the US.

That man should be tried just the same as any other person.

He is being tried the same as anyone else. The man is British, he was in Britain when he committee these crimes. The US had no real reason to extradite him in the first place.

I am with you on this Vertigo. He is British and should be tried there. I had just assumed he was American. I don't know why I assumed that. Yes I know assume makes an ass out of you and me.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service