Nerdfighters

Bands/artists who would have "immortal" music.

Nowadays we listen to Pink Floyd, The Who, AC/DC, The Beatles, etc. and our generation considers them the oldies, but still the goodies. Which contemporary bands do you think would be considered oldies but goodies by the future generations?

(As you can see I'm very much into these future generation posts)

Mine are:
1. Bon Jovi
2. Fall Out Boy
3. Panic! At the Disco (I am not taking off the exclamation mark!)
4. Jimmy Eat World
5. Belle and Sebastian

and,
6. Jonas Brothers

I'm not big fans of 2, 3, and 6 but they have an enormous fanbase and people just dig their music!

Tags: music

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Believe it or not, eventually FOB will fade into oblivion. They won't be around for much longer.
I know that some NF's aren't much for the opera scene *squee* *ahem* but I do believe that Luciano Pavarotti, rest in peace, will be if he already hasn't been immortalized. Look, just because he never played on a flaming (quite literally) guitar, or smashed a guitar into a giant speaker/stage/swung it around doesn't mean he didn't have talent, and my God did that man have a voice.
Saying the Jonas Brothers will last forever is like saying that MC Hammer will last forever. It's just the newest Pop Sensation.

Jimmy Eat World and Belle and Sebastian probably aren't main stream enough, and Fall Out Boy? Seriously? Seriously, seriously?

Bon Jovi will probably be about as immortal as AC/DC, though.
Muse
Rick Astley (yus)
Sir Mixalot (Dont ask me why, but his song 'baby got back' is outragously popular)
Britney Spears (Naturally)

I'm not saying all these artists are excellent, but its the probabilty of them living on.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service