Nerdfighters

Hi all!

I've been a nerdfigher for about four years now and counting, I've followed John and Hank through the 2.0 journey, but since the year I began watching and earlier, some tragic things have happened to my eyesight.  I was diagnosed with a rare eye condition that causes my retina to detach and it is very hard to fix, which since then, I have lost the vision in my left eye and have had it removed (the eye, that is) and now wear a fake one.  Recently (December 2009), I lost fifty percent of the eyesight in my right eye, and now I am legally blind.  I have had five surgeries total on both of my eyes, and now I can see relatively alright through my right eye while using a computer.  I am at University at the moment pursuing an undergraduate degree in English, but you can see (pun definitely intended) the problems that I have with reading the books for classes.  I get by with audio books and helpful equipment.

I've emailed John numerous times, posted on their twitters and facebooks, however, I know they're busy guys, and really this isn't that important.  Well, it is to me, because since this eye condition I have not been able to read any of John's new books...  I've read Looking for Alaska, An Abundance of Katherines, and Paper Towns.  My best friend read me Let It Snow, and I read Hank's ecogeek everyday.  I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about the books being on audio or downloadable or anything so that I can read them again, and maybe eventually read Will Greyson Will Greyson, since I haven't been able to find it on audio book yet, I have yet to read it...  I am usually a very avid reader, but after losing most of my sight I have lost the love of it...

If anyone can help, that'd be great.  I love nerdfighers, I will never forget the first time I went into my local bookstore, opened up Paper Towns, and saw a note with an email of another nerdighter, and I put my own note in, and have continued to talk to this nerdfighter for some time. 

DFTBA, fellow defeaters of world suck!

Views: 3938

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think this is a great idea, I'd  like to be a part of it :)
Is there anything else we could help you with, Jessica?

Wow that sucks. I don't know what I would do if that happened to me. It must be really hard for you. I can definitely empathize though. I was born with a sort of lazy eye, and my vision got really bad, so now I have to wear really powerful (and ugly) glasses  but the worst part about it was the surgeries I had to get done, and the way that people still look at me at school or in public.

As for audio books, audible is a good site, and amazon also sells audio books for Looking for Alaska and Paper Towns. I'm not entirely sure about others, but I hope that helps.

You should be able to find audiobooks on Amazon.  It might even suggest them in the search.  I started typing "Will Grayson, Will Grayson" into the search bar and it gave me this:

http://www.amazon.com/Will-Grayson-Green-David-Levithan/dp/14418426...

I will give u the assistance but  first tell me how-much u will pay  & second thing u wont a male or  female & last after selection candidate is your own risk .

dog kennels

audible.com, i hope your eyes get better and everyone does what is in there power to help. ( :
I would have to agree with Kenny on this one. Though I am stubborn and prefer normal, old-fashioned, books, I would purchase a Kindle that has text-to-speech recognition built in.

I will give u the assistance but  first tell me how-much u will pay  & second thing u wont a male or  female & last after selection candidate is your own risk .

online bingo
bingo online

I think the point of reaching out to  Nerdifghteria isn't supposed to be an opportunity for monetary gains for personal interests, other than the personal interest of reducing world suck.

Try iTunes? I don't know, but it might be worth a try
I saw a bunch of audios of John Green's books at my town's public library. In fact, they didn't even have some of the actual books but had the audio for them :)
I would love to help, I think in John's vid "and then I took off my bra" I think he mentioned something about audio books.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service