Nerdfighters

I want to know what are the great books, the life changers, the ones every person should read at least once in their life. Doesn't matter if it's a classic or something nobody's even heard of but you and the author's mom, what are your must-reads?

Views: 1571

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This.
You can not get enough of Vonnegut.

I PASSIONATELY SECOND THIS!

The Outsiders.
It's one of the best books ever. " Stay Gold"
I second. So amazing.
YES! My first favorite novel. I've loved it since first reading it in school. It's beautiful!
I third. Also That was Then, This is Now by SE Hinton.
Superman Annual #11 by Alan Moore
Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne
Wouldn't It Be Nice by Brian Wilson
Origin of Species - Charles Darwin

The Sandman Comics - Neil Gaiman

Animal Farm - George Orwell

A People's History of the United States - Howard Zinn

In Search of Lost Time (Remembrance of Things Past) - Marcel Proust (if you ever manage to finish it, this will be THE literary bragging point you will make to people)

Moby Dick - Herman Melville

The Holy Bible, or alternatively, the Torah, or Quran (If you were raised in a particular religion, it's essential to know EXACTLY what the religion entails for yourself. Reading religious texts with a critical eye led me further from the faith I was raised in, not closer, and confirmed my own skeptical viewpoint)
I'm a Christian, but Origin of Species still sounds good (haven't read it yet). Sandman is brilliant. As a Christian, I'm definitely down with the Bible (as well as the Torah and the Quran for scholarly reasons). I just finished Moby Dick, definitely a good one.
the origin of species is very dry and boring. read the descent of man instead, darwin's second book
"The Invention of Hugo Cabret" I know it's a really easy book, and takes only a little while to read, but IT'S AWESOME!!!

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service