Nerdfighters

Hello. My first Discussion thread... lets see how this plays out.

I was reading a magazine today about all of the celebrity mistakes made in the past decade, and I stumbled across all of the legal problems that corrupt celebrities get into nowadays, and how quickly they get out of them.

Do you guys think that Celebrities get special treatments when it comes to legal woes, and lawsuits and stuff? If so, what do you think should be done with this situation? Thanks for reading!

Views: 153

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Its a fact they do. Obviously they should not, but watcha gunna do.
Rich people can afford the lawyers that know the secret tricks, or can make deals on this case for that case etc. Trying to change it would be a waste of energy, the rich and popular will always get extra perks for their power. And we can't ban rich or popular because people will always order themselves into the top, middle, and bottom of the ladder - we freak out if we don't have a clear idea of that.
you are right!
Obviously they do get special treatment. 5 minutes in jail because of overcrowding? That would never happen to a non-celebrity if they got a DUI.
Idk, I don't think there's anything to be done, people who are well known/rich are always going to get favored, so *shrug*
If you think they don't then you've obviously never heard of OJ Simpson.
Or Michael Jackson.
bahahaha OH JAY!!!! *sigh* that was so unfair.
It's not really that they get special treatment, it's that they make millions of dollars a year and can afford to buy their way out of pretty much anything. While it's true that every criminal is entitled to an attorney, it isn't true that every criminal can get a good attorney who can get them off with a slap on the wrist and a "Don't do it again", no matter how often they break the law.
Like Unl8n Swallow said, there isn't anything we can do about it. They have money and we don't, and basically money=power and power=doing whatever you want and getting away with it. We can't just take away their money, and even if we did, Nicholas Cage could always just make one more crappy movie and get it all back again.
exactly. i liked the nicholas cage reference.
haha glad someone appreciated it. because now whenever i see previews for his movies i say to myself "hey, anyone remember when his career wasn't a joke?"

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service