Nerdfighters

Concerning the general awesomeness of everyone here.

I went into school today and we were informed in Public Speaking that we must give an inspirational speech based on an event, book, or movie that had influenced us and we needed to be able to sum it up in a motto. And she wanted to approve these. Right there. Right then. In front of the entire class.

So when it was my turn, I went on about Paper Towns and visualizing the complexity of others. The motto, I said, could be the line, "What a treacherous thing it is to believe that a person is more than a person" which I think sums up the book, and it's point, very nicely.

My teacher turned to me and stared for a very, very long time and it was not a nice, polite stare or a contemplative stare. No, it was an "Ah, my poor dear, you are absolutely and completely moronic and I do not know how you even make it through the process of brushing your teeth because you clearly do NOT CONTAIN ANY BRAIN CELLS AT ALL" stare. It took approximately ten minutes of arguing my point in front of the entire class, having her repeatedly look at me with a pitied glance, and agreeing to change the motto to "Don't judge a book by it's cover" (oh how cliche) before she would agree to the topic.

She basically made me feel like utter crap. I think she is the source of all world suck, personally.

But then I came here and now I feel much better because everyone here is extremely amazing, intelligent, and thoughtful. So thanks for that :)

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Forget her. Or have another extensive conversation with her. Sorry to say that sometimes, even teachers, have a hard time comprehending the most basic of concept if it is completely new to them.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service