Nerdfighters

No Description

Here used to read that this thread is suitable for confessing things.  Whether it is something shameful, something you're secretly proud of, or both, here is where you may confess it.

Views: 954

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't usually donate money to a cause and it makes me feel like a bad Nerdfighter. :(
Usually it's because I don't have money to spare, but I feel guilty saying that because I still have a lot more stuff than other people do. I feel even worse when I have a little extra money at a later time and spend it on art supplies...

I also get jealous of people who do have it really bad, because I feel like I don't have room to say anything about my lack of funds. :/
there are ways that you can decrease suck other than donating money. only a percentage of the money that you donate actually makes it to those that need it anyway. You can donate canned goods to a food bank, volunteer at a retirement home/hospital, or volunteer at a local soup kitchen/homeless shelter. If you want to go all out, you could take a year off and join the Peace Corps.
Yeah... I find myself getting anxious around the elderly and homeless though, for reasons beyond me. So I like to donate blood cause that doesn't cost anything as well. But I'm having iron deficiency problems and I haven't been able to give lately... :/
Once I get some income I'm totally going to get onto a better diet so I can give blood again~ =_=

I guess it's just the general feeling of "I'm not giving back to humanity in any way shape or form" that's making me feel bad...:(
well, you could take a more active role in giving back. Join Habitat for Humanity and help build houses, volunteer as a dog walker at a local animal shelter, there's always http://www.americorps.gov/ and http://www.peacecorps.gov/ There are many ways to combat Suck, you just have to keep your eyes open.
When a relationship comes to a certain point where you get more comfortable around each other, I panic and feel trapped and invent reasons to pick a fight so I can break up with him. Which is completely fucked up but I can't help it :(
Same. That what drove my most recent ex (below) away. I made him think he couldn't make me happy.
I was dumped for the first time in my life yesterday by the one person I actually wanted to stay with. I don't understand why. I would've done anything. I still would. I want him back more than anything in the world. I need him, and I hate that so much. I almost committed suicide yesterday even before we broke up. I know he's not coming back, but I need him to. I can get over him, but I don't want to. I just want things to be perct again. I thought they were. I thought I'd marry this boy. I feel so stupid. I don't want to be alive, but I've already promised I wouldn't go. I don't know what to do. What I've always done to guys finally happened to me. Karma is definitely a bitch.
I can get over him, but I don't want to.

I know the feeling. It can suck a whole lot but no matter how amazing this boy is or was, there's life beyond him. It's really hard to understand that at first, I've been there, but you will get over him and you will live on, even happily, without him. I really hope you don't go through with killing yourself. While I hate to resort to cliches, there really are plenty of other fish in the sea.

This happened a long time ago, but I feel the need to say something anyway.

This is what my friend Kc said when I was sobbing over a break up.  (I felt almost exactly the way you did, only with added guilt because I was the one who ended it (I had to, I didn't want to))

I know right now it feels like you'll never be happy again, but you will feel better.  And you'll feel better much sooner than you think you will.  It will be horrible for a while - maybe a week, maybe a month, maybe even a year.  But someday, you'll wake up one morning and remember how you used to be.  And you'll start looking at new people, and thinking "Oh.  He/she's beautiful..."  And you'll fall in love again.  that's just the way the world works.

It is by far the best thing anyone has ever said to me while I was sad, and it's true.  I hope you've already hit that point where everything's alright again.

I can't seem to stop myself from hating people who are attracted to me that I'm not attracted to. I hate the awkwardness, and I always hate them for not just wanting my friendship. I hate them for wishing I was different. And I hate them for not being the people that I've been attracted to.
I totally hear ya. I loathe being around certain people even if they are nice. I mean, if I had pepper spray it might be a different story but ughhhh. And of course the guys who like me are obsessive and even creepier than usual. One guy even chased my car down a main road just to say hello to me. O_o
I'd hate that so much. DX I don't know what I'd do if some guy did that to me and my car (if I had a car). It's just these things that make you feel terrible, because people are nice, but people are creepy, and it's a bad feeling to be creeped on.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service