Nerdfighters

DC Nerdfighter Gathering #2: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince IMAX

The Cherry Blossom Festival gathering was a blast so let's get together again and, this time, for something even more relevant to Nerdfighteria culture :3 We will go to the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince the first day it's out in IMAX! There's still quite some time before this is taking place. I just wanted to get it posted so people could express interest in attending and arrange transportation and whatnot if its a longer distance for them. I can't wait! :D

Tags: DC, IMAX, gathering, harry potter

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmmm... I might be able to go to this.... When is it?
The release date is July 15th, which is a Wednesday. Though, if a lot of people can't make it because it's a weekday, we can always move it to the weekend. I'm not sure which theater we will go to (As there are several IMAX theaters in DC), but that can be decided at a later date. I hope you can come!
I'm not sure if getting tickets will be a problem. We can figure that out at the beginning of July or something. We just need to assess interest at the moment *coughBUMPcough*
(This has absolutely NOTHING to do with Harry Potter, but I figured it was a good way to get in touch with DC Nerdfighters)

http://www.howitends.tv/

If you haven't heard of the Invisible Children movement, it is an organization dedicated to ending the conflict in Sudan, Africa. For over two decades, a man by the name of Joseph Kony has led his army in conflict through the region, murdering innocent civilians and kidnapping children to serve in his militia. The Invisible Children organization works to raise awareness, bring children caught in the army home and bring peace to an area that has been at war for too long.

Their latest attempt is a rally in Washington D.C. on Capital Hill itself. I can not make it for financial reasons, but I wanted to get the word out in an attempt to increase their numbers. You can visit their site for more details on the event.

Thank you for your time

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service