Nerdfighters

Ok, so i wanted to start an important discussion.

We are all aware that nerdfighters are fighting to decrease world suck, i hope... well, i was thinking of ways this could happen in an easyer way, a more direct way. I thought of making a project of helping people with their hard times socialy, we all know that social statusses are important for the average teenager, so for everyperson you see alone in the cafeteria, or being bullied, or about to embarrase himself/herself, to help them out! sit with them and then hang out with them, defend them by telling the principal or a teacher (because many people are scared to tell someone because they will be called a tatletale), or a person you see with a shoe lace untied and about to trip, or drooling, or with wet pants, to just help them out the way you can.

them tell them about nerdfighters, and that they should join, and make someone's life better.

This is a bit like the "Pay it forward" movement, but unlike that, this doesnt require only 3, this can be used for your whole life! and then tell another person about it!

I hope to read how you helped a person on the comments...

DFTBA and DWSP

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lol, Carlo. I see we have another former victim.

It's a really bad situation if thought about from both ends:

On the victim's side, they get bullied and essentially tortured through some of or throughout their lives and according to people, "come out stronger."

On the bully's side, I honestly believe most of it is misplaced anger. They have really bad lives outside of school that causes them to build up this aggression because they can't defend themselves. So they go to school where weaker children are and the bullies do the same thing.

[[[I'm no psychologist and I've never been a bully before, so honestly, all that could have been completely wrong.]]]

"Soulless bastard," albeit a description that made me giggle, may be a little harsh. If you read other posts by this person spiderbonez, he's posted discussions about his apparent "double depression."

spiderbonez, if you're reading this, I can say with 100% honesty that I'm very happy that you're still here with us. I'm glad that you let the help offered to you actually help you, I have no idea how hard that must've been.

And Lulli, (if you're still with us as well) I don't know if you meant that my message partly changed your life, or that something else happened to change your life. If you meant my message... I don't know how that made me feel lol. It was a very different feeling when I first had it. Either way, thank you for telling me that.

Former bully? You're still a bully now.

Oh go fuck yourself you sack of shit.
Speaking of bullies...

How come you aren't banned yet? All you do is put people down.
Because some people don't have their entire world shattered because of a conflicting opinion and some f bombs.

Also, I love it when people who have been here for a month dictate who should be banned.
"Oh go fuck yourself you sack of shit."

That's not a conflicting opinion, it's a downright insult. From the posts you've made all over this forum (that I've seen), each and everyone one of them has been negative. Some are little one liner smart-ass comments that seem to just be argumentative and contribute nothing to the original discussion.

I have no problem with the word 'fuck,' but you need to take your negativity out of an anti-bullying thread. It's a sensitive topic.
Yes it's a sensitive topic, some asshole was being a dick, and I told him to go fuck himself, just like everyone should in real life. You know, to stop bullying. Or should we turn the other cheek and just ignore bullies when they're causing suicide to be one of the leading causes of death for teens?
I don't want to get all lovey-dovey, but it'll come across that way. Telling bullies to go fuck themselves isn't the answer. For some kids that have so many bullies, I agree that a few physical fights need to happen because telling a parent or teacher usually does nothing. However, bullies are bullies for a reason.
Ok, so violence is perfectly acceptable, but an offensive use of the word "fuck" is just going too far and isn't the answer. Got it.
Cripes. I don't just mean the f-word. What I'm saying is that bullies are people too. I think they even have feelings. Q.E.D.: "Bullies are bullies for a reason." Most bullies are messed up and take their anger out in places they shouldn't.

The word "fuck" has nothing to do with it. I used it as an example because of your insult.

And I never said violence is perfectly acceptable. What I meant was, "For some kids that have so many bullies, I agree that unfortunately a few physical fights need to happen."

Another reason your insult was unnecessary is because did you ever bother to read up on spiderbonez life through the posts he's made? Obviously not because if you had you would've seen this:

http://nerdfighters.ning.com/forum/topics/concerning-my-suicide

He got the help he needed. He isn't a bully anymore.

The point is "Go fuck yourself you sack of shit," is a very unnecessary comment and should be taken back. He probably was back then, But I'm sure you, Kenny, weren't exactly the cupcake you are now as you were in your past.
Most bullies are messed up and take their anger out in places they shouldn't.

Citation needed. We would all love to believe this to be true, but for the most part bullies are just douche-bags.

Another reason your insult was unnecessary is because did you ever bother to read up on spiderbonez life through the posts he's made? Obviously not because if you had you would've seen this:

Yes, I know of his annoying attention whoring. Good job on feeding into his center of the world complex.

The point is "Go fuck yourself you sack of shit," is a very unnecessary comment and should be taken back. He probably was back then, But I'm sure you, Kenny, weren't exactly the cupcake you are now as you were in your past.

Oh, I see what you did there. Sarcasm. Very nice. And a personal attack, also nice. Although I do love seeing the high and mighty stoop to my own level, isn't that just a touch hypocritical?
It is hypocritical, but I'm just angry now. YOU are bullying, and you have no problem with it. I can't believe you called spiderbonez 'almost' suicide note attention whoring. If people that are bullied don't ask for help, directly or indirectly, or according to you "become attention whores," they eventually become people like Dylan and Eric, or like those kids that killed themselves.

I do take back what I said, that sarcastic comment was wrong of me. But do you really believe people that want help are attention whores? People that call suicide hot-lines are attention whores? Do you think people that post messages like spiderbonez did are attention whore? That's seriously despicable. This isn't a personal attack towards you, but you should be ashamed you said that. Maybe if those kids were attention whores they'd still be alive.

And if you want citations for my claim that bullies have feelings, flip to the section on the limbic system in any neurobiology book.

Unfortunately I see you're pretty set in your ways, so you can reply to this and have the last word. I'm through with this discussion.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service