Nerdfighters

I thought it an amazing idea to set the nerdfighters out on attempting to find a DFTBA palindrome. 
and for those of you who don't know what that is, it's a sentence that reads the same forward as backwards. :) Let me know what you come up with! 

Tags: dftba, palindrome

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

DFTBAFBTD. Oh... that's not what you meant?

Yeah... That would be pretty hard though. I guess for it to be both a palindrome and an initialism for DFTBA, it would have to be even more restricted -- i.e. specifically five words, starting with D.F.T.B.A., in that order, and making a grammatically correct sentence or sentence fragment.

So we know the last word would have to start with an A and end with a D. A past tense verb is probably the best bet there (e.g. "armed", "asked", "added"), or maybe "and" -- although that would be much less likely to make sense grammatically.

Finally -- and I'm not 100% sure on this one, but it seems right -- I'm pretty sure the words would have to have the same number of letters symmetrically; that it, the "D" word would have to have the same number of letters as the "A" word, and same with the "F" word and the "B" word.

So... yeah. I'll think about it, but I'm not that great at thinking these up. It's probably possible, though, for some Nerdfighter out there...
Just to clarify, I'm not talking about d***, a**, f***, and b**** in the second-last paragraph. You can probably figure it out.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service