Nerdfighters

I am new to the VlogBrothers. I think I found them through Philip Defranco around the time that Hank posted his letter to the aliens. I watched a couple of the more recent videos, decided these guys are kind of interesting and then I opened a window to their youtube channel and looked through ALL their uploads until I found the very first one. I then began watching the videos from the first one forward. I have been watching for about a week or so. I have reached November of 2007. I'm enjoying the videos quite a bit, but I'm a little bummed because I have this weird quasi-OCD thing where when I find something on the internet that I like, I have to go back and look through it from the beginning until the present before I can start regularly checking it the recent updates. I do this with blogs, web novels, web comics and apparently I also do this with youtube videos. Does anyone else do this? Or am I all alone and weird?

Views: 596

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have definitely done this with the Vlogbrothers; I discovered them about two months before you did, started from the beginning in mid-September, and finished in about three weeks. Personally, I thought it was a great experience, and my appreciation for them just skyrocketed. :) Um, anyway, I have done that with both of their tumblrs as well, gone through all their posts, I mean. It's really just a things with this particular obsession, but yeah, I totally know where you're coming from. :)

Yeah its not weird i started watching the vlogbrothers  from Jan.1 2007 and I am now on about the middle of last year and I started about end of september of this year. but my parents think im weird and my mom thinks john and hank are the same person.

I think I may have watched the whole of the vlogbrothers videos from the very beginning up to date twice and a half.

But I'm the kind of person who downloads all the seasons of a TV show they like and marathon watches all the episodes from first to last a number of times as well. I've done it with Scrubs (3 times), friends (twice), Queer As Folk (twice), Whose Line is it Anyway? (once) Gilmore Girls (twice) and probably others I can't remember right now.
I don't know why I like doing that, all my friends think I'm insane for it.
I guess I sort of like seeing how it all flows together or something.

I did exactly the same thing as you. And not just with the the Vlog Brothers, but with people like LittleRagde/Liam Dryden, Nerimon/Alex Day, charlieissocoollike/Charlie McDonnell, and other Nerdfighter people.

You aren't the only one, I like to do that because it is really neat to see how people have changed, how their videos have improved, and how overall the channel has progressed. 

I just don't have as much patience and I skip around, like three from each year. But I still go back :D 

I did this with the vlogbrothers too! I was introduced to them 2 months ago but I started from the beginning. I'm near the end of 2010 right now and I was going to wait until I got caught up before I signed up here but I didn't want to wait any longer.

Books and tv shows, certainly.

I was sent '31 jokes for nerd' by my friend, watched that, then watched a few other videos until I found out about Brotherhood 2.0 and went riiight back to the start and watched them all in order. I'm now on January 2008 and I only started watching about 6 days ago... and it was test week.

Ooops. 

heheh 

I have done this with Various Youtubers. 

You are not alone.

I've been trying to watch all the old ones but it's really hard.  I'm still missing a big chunk of time in the middle and forgot where I left off.  Seeing this reminds me to get back to that.  I feel your pain.

Typically I do this for everything, but due to it being so gosh-darn hard for the vlogbrothers, it's a bit of a different story. Definitly on my to-do list.

You are not alone. I hate reading blogs in the middle because I feel like I've missed out on a lot. I do the same thing with books, movies... etc. I absolutely hate when a prequel comes out because then I'm totally bummed about it. I feel like I've read the whole thing out of order. 

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2015   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service