Nerdfighters

what's your favorite book you've been assigned to read?
mine's The Outsiders

Views: 2019

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

probably the simple gift

we usually get assigned books I don't like

Catcher in the Rye, Fahrenheit 451, and The Great Gatsby

Harry Potter and the Philosphers stone.
We read it in year 3 (so we were 7). From there I went on to read everyone of them. 4 times.
So thank you Mrs Green for getting me hooked.
Yes my year 3 English teacher could easily be related to John and Hank.

Lord of the Flies or Private Peaceful.

So far The Outsiders, Of Mice And Men, and Hunchback.

Brave New World was by far the best assigned reading I've ever gotten. Strictly speaking, it wasn't assigned -- it was for more of a lit circle type thing, so we got to choose what book we would be assigned...

The best ACTUALLY assigned book I've ever read was 1984. :) What can I say? I'm big on dystopias.

Well.. I know my honors English class will be assigning 1984 and Brave New World.. but I already read them.. so does that count? Those are two amazing books.

Other than that, Hiroshima by John Hersey was very moving, and from back in sixth-ish grade, The Giver by Lois Lowry.

Candide by Voltaire was entertaining as well.

Either The Outsiders  or To Kill A Mockingbird.
Night by Elie Wiesel and Catcher in the Rye
My school district is composed of slackers, for lack of a better word, so we never get assigned the task of reading independently at home; all reading is done in class. This is why I hate when books are assigned. It took my 7th grade class over 3 months to read Lord of the Flies. Do you know how short that book is? Three months. So, I have never really had any good experiences with assigned books and my school district doesn't assign them very much anyway....but, to answer you question, my favorite assigned book would have to be The Outsiders. :)
1984 was fantastic, and I am also a great fan of Julius Caesar by Shakespeare. That was fantastic.
I liked Lord of the Flies the first time I read it, but I hate it so much now after re-reading it so many times in class D;

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2015   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service