Nerdfighters

what's your favorite book you've been assigned to read?
mine's The Outsiders

Views: 1998

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mad love for that book.

Hmmm, I don't know if "Life of Pi" counts, seeing as I had already read it before it was ever assigned to me. But I did like it!

"House of the Spirits" and "Things Fall Apart" were good too.

The Giver I haven't been assigned many books to read though so I don't really have a good opinion.
The Catcher in the Rye, it was so cool for a school book.
I've never been a huge fan of assigned books. I'm fine with teachers analyzing them, but not when they overdo it. Plus they always make us read so slow, and most of the books are ones I would have liked if I had read them on my own. There are a few I've really liked despite all of that, though.

~Jurassic Park
~Hatchet
~Petey
~Animal Farm 

I feel so lucky! My class at college this year was studying love through the ages, so there were assigned texts of Othello, Much Ado, The Great Gatsby and Wuthering Heights. But apart from that my teacher let us basically choose what we wanted to read.

So technically they were assigned texts just not actually assigned by the teacher. I read a lot of Ian McEwan, Chekov and many other Russian writers as that was were my interests were leading me :) Great fun!

Franz Kafka: The Metamorphosis
Don't know why but I really loved it...
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck, read for the Junior Certificate Exam, fantastic book, not lacking anywhere,
Macbeth

Out of a lot of books which I probably don't recall...

The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson (GREAT NERDFIGHTER BOOK)

Fahrenheit 451

My Side of the Mountain

The Tale of Two Cities

The Adventures of Huck Finn

Black Boy (which is now banned at my school... which is sad.)

Shakespeare this year. Last year my teacher didn't go through it as thoroughly as I would've liked, but this year I loved it. Plus we did Romeo and Juliet and it just annoyed me.

I'm relieved to see Fahrenheit 451 here, though. It's my book for summer reading. :)  

The Scarlet Letter. I read it in high school and I really fell in love with the story. Ive seen the silent film so many times as well.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service