Nerdfighters

what's your favorite book you've been assigned to read?
mine's The Outsiders

Views: 1991

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Shakespeare this year. Last year my teacher didn't go through it as thoroughly as I would've liked, but this year I loved it. Plus we did Romeo and Juliet and it just annoyed me.

I'm relieved to see Fahrenheit 451 here, though. It's my book for summer reading. :)  

The Scarlet Letter. I read it in high school and I really fell in love with the story. Ive seen the silent film so many times as well.
Of Mice And Men! It was direct. I liked how it was condensed and you could take in the whole story in one sitting. I'm still in awe of the book because it still thoroughly managed to create character you could identify with. It's a book someone of lesser reading skills could enjoy. It's also littered with symbolism and other literary elements that are absolutely gorgeous. It's a bit of a downer, but I adored it.
We've only been assigned to read Death of a Salesman so far, so I don't really have any other assigned book to compare it to. I didn't read it before studying it in class, but I looked through a few pages and was kind of hesitant to study it. But after we read it critically in class, I started to really enjoy it. I wouldn't say that it's a favourite book of mine, but I still consider it a really good book. We're studying The Great Gatsby next year and I'm so excited.
Of Mice and Men! It's adorable (:
I would have to say The Outsiders. It was the only book that I didn't want to throw out the window.
Hamlet and Nathan the Wise by Lessing. I just loved it. But going to school in Germany I had to read both parts of Faust by Goethe. That was a huge drawback for my enthusiam during lit.
To Kill a Mocking Bird or The Outsiders

It seems, for me, liking assigned books is a 50/50 chance, but some of the books I genuinely enjoyed were: 

*A Tale of Two Cities

*The Crucible

*In Cold Blood 

*East of Eden

I also usually end up reading books before they're assigned...like Jane Eyre. <3 

I'm tied between Killing Mr. Griffin and Tuck Everlasting :/

Favorite assigned book - Lord of the Flies. A classic! 

Favorite assigned play - Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak! Amazing book.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service